Tummy Time!

FBTTN8079

Reaction score
Anyone else's LO's hate tummy time? The boys are 18 weeks now, they don't mind the tummy time roller & theybare getting great neck control when they sit with us and they are both trying to roll over now but they just hate being on their front directly on the floor & just face plant each time lol!

Yes my little boy was never keen and always started desperately trying to crawl with his legs whenever put on his tummy. Unfortunately for him, there was little upper body strength in his nose, so he never got anywhere :)

Yes, my lo hated it and wouldn't even tolerate it for a minute before crying! He loved being upright in my arms looking over my shoulder from a very young age though which kind of did the same job. It wasn't until about 8/9 months when during a restless period at night he rolled onto his front and I left him and he fell asleep - since then he's been mainly a tummy sleeper!

I don't think it's affected him whatsoever so I won't be stressing if this lo hates tummy time as well xx

My son used to just lie there and suck his hands! He didn't really put much effort into tummy time! Lol!

XX

Oh good ! There's so much about it at the moment I was starting to stress about it ! They do just lay there lol they'd rather be on their backs or on the roller but only for short stints ! X

I found I had more success if I lay back on the sofa with him on my chest and he'd lift his head to look at me.

XX

They do put a lot of emphasis on it which worried me as well. As my mum said though, there was no such thing as tummy time when I was a baby and I think she was a bit baffled by the whole thing lol xx

Imogen hates it usually haha. I put her on our chests but the only thing she totally likes is being sat up. I sit her on the play mat instead now with my hands supporting her :)

Dont worry, i didnt even k ow they could so tummy time from birth so i didnt start till dd was 3months. She hated tummyy time but now ahe is 10months and almost walking around. Theh will get it when they want to.

Mine is 6 months old and still hates tummy time, she is a little better with it now than a couple of months ago, but only lasts a couple of minutes before she will start crying :( x

My eldest daughter hated tummy time too, just face planted and cried. She also used to roll onto her front in bed & then cry coz she couldn't get back over, that was fun at 2am! Not long after that she became a tummy sleeper & still is now.
My youngest didn't mind tummy time. I think they just put more emphasis on it now as we are advised to put babies down on their backs all the time. As long as they are using those muscles though it doesn't matter how they do it! :) x

My son who is now 11 loved tummy time, loved to sleep on his belly and was off crawling so when I had my daughter who is 11 months old I tried tummy time with her. Did she like it? Did she hell, all she did was cry so I eventually gave up putting her on her belly a few months back.

She does put herself on her belly when she wants to, she doesn't crawl she bum shuffles everywhere and by god shes fast and has now learnt to follow me into the kitchen!

Comfortdesignmats is the perfect "Tummy Time" mat for newborns. My baby boy will be here in about 2 weeks so I haven't actually used it yet but, I love the texture, unique and modern designs and also adult-friendly. Love it!

Thanks girls it's so hard isn't it! & A does have a little bit of a flat head as he lays in the same position over night but I'm hoping it'll resolve once they are sitting by themselves but you get told so many things and it changes so much doesn't it! X

Thanks girls it's so hard isn't it! & A does have a little bit of a flat head as he lays in the same position over night but I'm hoping it'll resolve once they are sitting by themselves but you get told so many things and it changes so much doesn't it! X
Imogens is flat! It's worrying me a bit but I'm hoping it sorts out too xxx

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

I had the same issue with the tummy time hatred, and my little girl would always sleep on her back so she had a bit of a flat patch at the back. I took her to the doctors just for reassurance and I was told it was purely cosmetic and not to worry. Now she has a load of hair I can't see it anymore. It's worth just checking if you're worried though :)

Now she's over a year old and sleeps on her tummy with her bum in the air :p I guess tummy time isn't so bad after all haha x

Ah thanks Hun lol love it when little ones sleep in all funny positions :)
The last week they've both just all of a sudden been fab with their heads at tummy time (they've had great head control for a while) H even rolled front to back for the first time & A loves sitting up so I've bought them floor seats hopefully all of those things will help with his head & then not spending so much time on their backs but they defo aren't fans of the front ha ha x

Have to say with the benefit of hindsight I think tummy time is pretty pointless. My son had a very flat head on one side, but absolutely hated being put on his front and was inconsolable every time we tried. He was, however, upright a lot of the day in a wrap sling as he liked to be carried all the time, and I think this did exactly the same job as the tummy time, in terms of taking pressure off the back of his head and strengthening his neck muscles. He's now 10 months, turning himself onto his front at any opportunity and crawling around happily, and while his head is still a slightly odd shape it's much better than it was. I think if I had another baby that hated being on their tummy as he did, I just wouldn't bother.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back