Tummy sleepers and self settling!

blondy13

Reaction score
Effie has been a tummy sleeper since about 4 weeks because of her reflux, she now sleeps brilliantly overnight, has been doing 7.30-7.30 last few days.
However I'm struggling with self settling on her front, she generally has her last bottle and falls asleep at the end just after and I transfer her. If I put her down for day time naps drowsy rather than asleep she mostly starts tossing her head around and wakes, then i have to rock her again. I am worried by her alwAys falling asleep on me then transferring her I am creating bad habits. She is 13 and a half weeks.
Do any other tummy sleepers self settle? Any tips?

Harry's been a tummy sleeper since he was 2 weeks old due to it relieving his colic. He's now 17 weeks. During the day i prop him up over my shoulder and rock backwards and forwards until he nods off then transer him to his cot. After his bedtime bottle at 8.30ish i lay him on his back on our bed with his huggy (a terry nappy square!) and his dummy and he settles himself to sleep and i then transfer him to his crib. I've never tried to let him self settle on his tummy because i'm worried he'll get upset and then over heat as tummy sleepers are warmer than back sleepers. Maybe i should give him a go soon to see what he does. I very much doubt she'll always need you to rock her. I rocked Jack (back/side sleeper) every single nap time until he was 9 months old when he decided he could self settle and has done ever since. I guess you'll just have to wait until she's ready to do it herself? x

R is just over a year and I still let him fall asleep on me and he sleeps on his front, he is just starting to resettle himself when he wakes up, I am hoping this will move onto him settling himself to start with, I think it's about catching them at the right time for when they are ready to sleep :) xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back