tummy or back?

Layla

Reaction score
do you put your babies down to sleep on there tummy or back?

my sisters baby is 12 weeks old and she has been sleeping on her tummy since 8 weeks, she would not sleep on her back at all, on her tummy she sleep though the night.

coby falls asleep on me laying on his tummy and he does sleep bettter than on his back, but when it comes to bedtie i just cant bring myself to lay him to sleep on his tummy, im to scared to.

what do you do?

tummy or side but leaning forwards - Damien doesn't like sleeping on his back.

Back. Reece hates being on his tummy-screams blue murder :roll:

Phoebe has been sleeping on her tummy since she was 5 weeks :lol:

how do you do it?

i mean, what side do you put there heads? and can they turn it to the otherside if they want by themselfs?

I just put her down and she sorts her own head out. She can lift her head and move it from side to side etc.
All I would say is take the bumper off the cot and make sure there is nothing in their sleeping area that they could squash up against and suffocate.
:lol:

Coby is still in his mosses basket (its a huge one) so maybe i shouldnt try it yet then

Damien slept on his tummy in his moses, Coby is younger than Phoebe still so probably not quite as wriggly so he should be okie.
Damien moves his head to whatever side and could turn it from 4 weeks old. Even if he has slept face down he gas been fine and moved his head again when he got fed up.

(His apnoea's are nothing to do with how he sleeps just to reassure you that I'm not giving dodgy advice!)

Seren sleeps on her back. She sleeps better on her front when sjhe is on me but I put her on her back when she sleeps on her own.

Sami - Phoebe has been 'wiggly' since about 10weeks!!

Can turn over on her own now too so all hell is going to break loose in my house now!! :lol:
Not only will she have one arm and leg hanging out of the slats in her cot but she'll be rolling around too!! :shock:
Think she needs a double bed!! :lol:

Rubie sleeps on her back on her own but sometimes if she wont settle I put her on her tummy, supervised, and she seems to settle better

Aimee won't go on her tummy at all she really looses her temper and ends up with snot all over her face!

hi

Kiara starts on her back if shes in her bassinette but she rolls on her tummy all the time, but shes been lifting and turning hre head since birth so i dont wory and there is nothing i can do if she does it on her own.
When shes in the bed with me shes usually on her side cuz thats how we fall asleep while shes eating lol.
Katrina

*saulino* said:
hi

When shes in the bed with me shes usually on her side cuz thats how we fall asleep while shes eating lol.
Katrina

Thats how Seren will sleep, usually with her head on my boob like a pillow (ooh reminds me of that cornershop song brimful of asha

Brody slleps on his back and also sometimes on his side after breastfeeding.

Oscar will only sleep on his right side. Weird - I put him in his basket lying on his back, but he automatically turns onto his right side!
I've read that if they sleep on their sides, you should alternate sides. One sleepy right, one sleepy left.....

Oh well, Oscar going for Cranio in 4 weeks - that'll sort his back again.
Emilia xx

Always on her back, too scared about the cot death statistics to put her on her stomach.

Emilia - Do you mean that he puts his head to one side? Ella does and that's why she's got a flat patch. I'd love for her to stop doing this, is cranio the way forward?

When I put Oscar down on his back, he turns his whole body to the right. Luckily the shape of his head has not been affected. Cranio is great - it realigns the spine/body - lying on one side only can cause backache even in babies. I believe in it - I'm going as well, as my back has been really uncomfortable since the birth.

Yip, I'm also too scared to put Oscar on his tummy. He doesn't like it that much anyway.
By the way - he's been great the last couple of days. No probs, dispite the fact that it's roasting here. Yesterday it was 42 degrees Celcius. Luckily I have aircon in my bedroom - that's where the two of us camp out.
Emilia xx

Sorry Rosieroo...
To answer your question about cranio - I doubt that cranio will stop Ella from doing that. It just help straighten the spine (from a discomfort point).
Emilia xx

Im too scared to put Abi on her tummy cos of cot death so she always goes on her back but the last week she has started going on her side so not alot i can do about it now, i've found the gro bags stop her putting her legs through the cot tho lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back