self settles :S

redbear

Reaction score
I read up on self settling so decided to try it, put her to bed awake left and she went to sleep, she has done it ever since. Is it strange that she was fine str8t away? Dont babies normally want there mummies to put them to sleep. Im a bit worried that its too easy to leave her alone now, i have left her with OH and my mum for a few hours a week since she was born do you think its effected the bond she has with me? xx

Awww hon I don't think you've effected the bond at all. Babies know and love their mummies because we all smell and look so great to them. We're bonded in a way that is difficult to damage because we've done a lot for them in their little lives so LO loves you and wants you still. I think some babies are just super easy going, content wee things. I don't do self soothing and even so Ariel has fallen asleep by himself in his bouncy chair when I've just popped to the toilet, and has gotten himself back to sleep in his moses basket before I've had a chance to! You clearly just have a very chilled LO!

No, absolutely not. You should be happy, its a sign of a contented baby.

And no, babies dont always want to sleep on their mummies. Maybe first couple of weeks.

Make the most of it while you can, you have an advantage to getting the night time routine spot on, coz many ppl's LO's dont settle in cot for weeks after trying.

xxxxxxxx

Aw no way don't feel like that! Just shows how happy and contented your happy is!

Make the most of it! Ella won't self settle at all it's a nightmare! Xx

Thanks i feel i bit better,
She decided her own bedtime i was taking her up and getting her to sleep for 9.00pm and she started falling asleep herself at 8pm in her swing or on the rug so now i take her up for 8 and she sleeps.

I hope it is just because she is relaxed because i spent ages reading on it and never needed to do the 'steps' to gradually get her to sleep i just walk out of the room and she is fine.
I was happy for a second and then thought why is she ok on her own! feel like i have made her feel like she has to be on her own because im not there but i am its just two hours a week but she goes to sleep while im gone for my mum :(
I know im reading too much into it but she seems so small and young to be getting herself off to sleep. God i sound ungrateful x

Awww hon, I think it's a sign that she is just good at sleeping iykwim. The ways we get our LOs to sleep is about helping them to unwind and switch off because most babies can't do that for themselves and need to be parented to sleep. Your little girl is just a good sleeper and as the other ladies have said - clearly very secure and content, 2 hours a week away is nothing at all!

Every time our LO's do something a bit different we drive ourselves insan. I remember when my eldest LO turned 6 months old I had 2 go bk 2 work, & left her in nursery, every day she'd scream wen i left, for a couple of weeks, and it was so upsetting, then one day, she all of a sudden didn't cry & I cried all the way to my work thinking it was my fault, that she had got used to me not being there ect, but in reality, it just means they're happy. Its a natural progression

xxxxxxxx

H self settles now! I didnt even try to get her to do it!! It really surprised me actually, especially with all the problems during her first 8 weeks I had! X

Sophie was a bit unsettled last night when going to bed and after it didn't work OH holding her I told him just to put her in her crib and leave her to it. She didn't do anything and was fast asleep in no time

Yey glad its not just Alice then! She doesnt nap in the day at all so maybe thats why she sleeps so well at night. Im always driving myself mad that im doing something wrong lol x

awww bless you i think you've just got a very well behaved little girl there!! she will love you more than anyone so just think you're a lucky mummy :) and you never know it could all change as she gets older !! (hopefully not though)

xxx

If it does i wont mind ill try follow the steps to get her into it again, She isn't as well behaved as it sounds because 7-7.30 she is a nightmare!!!

Joshua self settles every night. He loves his sleep lol.x

No not at all hun . Its just a happy content baby . I was worried i hadn't bondedtoo but now that she.s a bit bigger i got all smiles all day not just oh who used to be the only one .

I leave her with oh all the time but he suggested we leave her with close friend to get out and i got way too protective n wouldn't so think is normal to not mind leaving her with him x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back