Tummy growing, but i'm losing weight?!?!

skimpy

Reaction score
Hi girls :wave:

As the title suggests, my weight is steadily dropping. midwife hasnt checked it, but on the scales at home, since i became pregnant, i've gone from 10.9 to 10.1

Im eating well (more than ever!!!) and the bump is doing well - MW said it is a good size and i may actually be a week further on (cant be, as i was fairly sure of my dates) so what is going on?!?!?!

Thankkfully, my bum seems to be getting smaller (it could have done with trimming down anyway :rotfl: ) ut i didnt expect to lose weight during pregnancy.

i didnt have morning sickness (well felt sick but only puked once)

Anyone else experienced this? starting to worry me now

YES! Since finding out I was pregnant I've lost a stone! I was on a diet before I get pregnant but I stopped the second I got the first positive pregnancy test (I took 6 of them! hehe). My midwife has told me this is quite normal and my OH's work mate just had a baby and according to him his girlfriend lost some weight as well during her pregnancy.
I am embarrassed to admit but I was 17.11 when I got pregnant and now I am 16.10. This loss has been over a time period of 7 weeks though.
As for my bum, well I've always had a big bottom but it has gotten more of a round shape to it. I love it now! :moon:

I lost a few pounds infirst tri even though never threw up ad ate lots. Waist is 5 cm bigger as well.

Now i am back to my starting weight so i guess the weight gain has started.

My books have said anywieght gain or loss in first tri is ok, but in second tri you should be gaining about a pound a week.

So wouldn't worry just yet (not sure of your dates), but if it goes on into your second tri ask MW.

Sandi

i didnt have any real morning sickness to speak off but I did go off a lot of stuff and found i ate a lot less generally. I also craved lots of fruit and went off chocolate completely.

I now weigh a fraction less than I did before I was pregnant but can assure you my belly is growing and midwife is happy that all is well with baby!

Sandi4Paul said:
My books have said anywieght gain or loss in first tri is ok, but in second tri you should be gaining about a pound a week.Sandi

:shock: i appear to have lost weight since entering second tri! Not too concerned as my bump is def getting bigger and he's definately in there, didnt realise i was meant to be putting it on though

i lost in 1st tri and never put any on thru the whole of 2nd tri. now i have finally started to creep up to my former weight .

it did concern me but it didnt seem to concern the midwife one bit.

i think with some people the baby feeds off you, try not to worry but mention it to your mw anyway

gymbabeliz said:
i think with some people the baby feeds off you

I hope so otherwise i have absolutely no idea where the mountian of food i eat at the moment is going!! I'm imagining myself waking up oneday and being HUGE!

Don't worry about losing weight unless you were already very tiny to begin with. Quite a few ladies loose weight when they become pregnant because they are more conscious about eating a healthy well balanced diet and cut out alcohol.
:hug:

healthy eatings never been one of my strong points! i guess my body must be used to eating crap, and especially in first tri it was all i could eat without feeling nausious. I'm sure the 2 packets of crisps and 4 chocolate bars from yesterday will go somewhere! :shock: I always wake up thinking i MUST eat healthily today but it never happens, theres too much temptation in those cupboards.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back