Losing weight whilst pregnant

crystabell

Reaction score
I am 14 weeks pregnant and I have been having morning sickness now for the last 8 weeks none stop all day nausea and I am usually sick at least 2-3 times a day. I have been weighing myself as I am concerned and in about 6 weeks I have lost 1 and a half stone alomost. I am really concerned about this as I shouldn't be losing weight this quick!!! :(

I have been to see 2 different docs during this time who have just said that it is part of pregnancy to be sick but some get it worse than others. I told the last doctor how much weight I had lost and she just said you will put it back on eventually!

Has anyone else had this much weight loss due to pregnancy sickness?? Any advice would be great, I have tried all sorts but still be sick i.e. ginger biscuits and ginger tea, dry toast, fizzy drinks... Sorry about the long moan lol

Thanks
Crystal xx

Hi Crystal,

I had bad morning sickness for a week a a half and nothing could stop it :( I lost 8 pounds at the beginning but my midwife never seemed to concerned about it. I wouldn't worry to muc about the weight loss unless you were very skinny to begin with?

I hope that you are feeling better soon :)

It's very normal. Some people lose a lot of weight in the first few weeks. I shouldn't worry too much unless you feel bad with it.

I lost 3kg in the first trimester... I think that works out at 6.6lbs so half a stone ? (I'm a child of the metric system, I don't do "old" money).... Also now I am not putting on weight like I should do.... I don't often feel hungry and now I've started feeling sick again. I still haven't eaten today, only drunk water.

I'm nearly 5 months gone and some people I haven't seen for a while said to me that i couldn't possibly be THAT pregnant... But the baby is healthy and other than having low amniotic fluid, everything is fine.... Even my mum said I was tiny this time round.

So as long as your baby is doing fine... Don't worry too much about your weight at this time... It's only near the end do we actually need to eat more to help the baby put on weight.

Thanks for your replies,

I was just getting worried as the sickness is continuous and I don't know how much more weight I will lose if this keeps up!! I have an appointment with my midwife in just over a week though so I will see what she can recommend.

ive lost the same as u , something like 20lbs , butmy docs arent worriedeither , said ive got lots in rserve anyway :cry:

I cannot be physically sick (didnt stop me heaving really badly for 16 weeks though!!!)...long story but I had surgery for reflux....and I lost weight during my pregnancy...I am a size 18 anyway so it didnt look as though I had lost weight but I only put on 7lbs and Charlie was born weighing 7lb 3oz so I lost quite abit really inbetween.

I lost just over a stone (not exactly sure how much but went from size 14 to a 12) but its not going back on nice and steadily as the weeks pass and my sickness has eased.

If the docs/midwife aint worried the I wouldnt be concerned hun, so many women loose weight in the beginning of pregnancy its if it carries on that its a cause for concern.

Hope the sickness eases for you soon :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back