Growing tummy

Catherine

Reaction score
Does your stomach get bigger as the day goes on? I mean, really grows? I have been getting into my work trousers in the morning, but by 2pm I have to unbutton the flies/zip to feel comfy and by nighttime, I can hardly get them over my thighs. I don't seem to be putting on any extra weight over the day. Wierd!

I want to go shopping for maternity clothes, but I don't know whether it's too soon or not. I'm normally only a size 6/8 petite so even a little bump looks big on me!

Hi Catherine,

I dont think it really matters what size you are, if your pants are getting tight you should invest in some maternity wear. Its better for LO and you so your pants dont dig in and restrict blood flow and just feel soo much more comfy. Maternity clothes do come in smaller sizes and you just choose your normal clothes size and the clothes make allowances for your expanding tummy.
I started getting mat clothes about week 13 or 14 cos my jeans were starting to dig into my belly.

Hope that helps. :hug:

my belly gets bigger as the day goes on too, think it is bloating and water retention. I am also a size 6/8 and have been in maternity trousers for about 3 weeks now, they are so much better cos they are elasticated so they stretch with you as the day goes on. Next and topshop both do good smaller sizes (although i can never get a 6 in Next)

:oops: I've been in maternity trousers for the last two weeks. My tummy starts out slightly rounded in the morning but by 5pm everything feels stretched. Think its a combination of bloating and water retention.
Also my boobs seem to grow as the day goes on too by a night time the skin feels like it can't be stretched anymore. I'm normally a size 8 and 32b now i'm a 32DD

sass said:
(although i can never get a 6 in Next)

I know, and all the styles are frumpy in the smaller sizes (non-maternity as well).

ive been in mats since 7 weeks lol... everything was making me have period pains so thought bugger it and got early maternity jeans, im size 20/22 normal trousers now..:(.. but nevermind..

lisa&alex said:
ive been in mats since 7 weeks lol... everything was making me have period pains so thought bugger it and got early maternity jeans, im size 20/22 normal trousers now..:(.. but nevermind..

Ha ha , welcome to my world............ and that was before I was pregnant. I'm gonna look like a bloody enormous hippo by the time I'm finished :x

i have 2 pairs of earl maternity jeans and they are the best thing ever. I'm normally a size 26 but in maternity i need a 25. They stretch with me as the day goes on!!

i also get bloated by the evening- i start the day not looking pg then by bedtime i have a bump haha

I have been in maternity stuff since 14 weeks, Next do so really nice stuff and its the only place i can get under bump trouser's, but like another person said you can rarely get a size 6 and mothercare dont usually stock an 8 let alone a 6 :?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back