tumble dryer question

titch

Reaction score
Hi girls,

I just got a tumble dryer in preparation for the baby. I had a condensor dryer in a rented place a few years ago and found it rubbish. It took ages to dry clothes and couldnt handle very much at a time anyway so I never used the thing. I decided I wanted a vented one if anything, and everyone i spoke to just reckoned you could shove them in the garage, cos the garage door isnt sealed anyway.

So it arrived today, and Im just getting nervous about having the hose just pointing into the middle of the room. I did think of putting it near the garage door using an extension cable but OH keeps ithe garage like a death trap (nearly got knocked out in there today but thats another story) so Id rather keep the dryer near the utility door at the top for easy access.

What do you guys reckon. Should I talk to a builder/plumber about installing a dryer vent in the garage wall? Is it posible through breeze block? WHY dont builders just make houses with vents in them?!?:wall2:

advice or opinions needed! THANKS!

does your garage have a window in it at all? ie when drier is in use, you could push "hose" out of the window while in use? other than that, i don't know sorry... x

i have the same type of dryer in my kitchen and i have a box thingy that i got from the betterware that you stick the hose in, it works okay for me all i do is change the filter and empty the water so often?

ooh thanks, I just ordered a load of stuff from betterware catalogue! :wall:

No there isnt a window. I could just open the garage door but Ill prob use the dryer on rainy days when I cant use the line so wont want to open the door!

Im in a new build and the builders are still on site so might ask them whether vents can be fitted. I need to be careful making alterations to the house cos its got a 2 year guarantee. Dont want to void it!

worth a shot though... i always believe in the saying "if you don't ask you don't get" ;-) x

You could always use a bucket till you get it sorted, so long as the water has somewhere to go iykwim xx

very true. I think for now I will open the garage door a bit when its on and see what happens :)

this is interesting thread... if i put vented dryer in my kitchen can i just shove the hose out the window wen in use??? xx

this is interesting thread... if i put vented dryer in my kitchen can i just shove the hose out the window wen in use??? xx

You can indeed Lisa :yay:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back