TTC with pcos

jtw17

Reaction score
Hi everybody!
I'm brand new here and looking for advice and reassurance. I'll try to keep it short!
I'm 24 and diagnosed with polycystic ovaries as of one year ago. With this I have had irregular cycles in the past, but since coming off the pill in January (after 7 years on and off different pills) they have been crazy regular, which is great I suppose! No luck conceiving since then but I know it's still pretty early days. I've not used any predictor kits but pretty sure I know when I'm ovulating (mild cramps mid month etc). My pcos was diagnosed with ultrasound and bloods but since my periods are so regular my doctor wasn't worried. Ive been taking vit B6 since coming off the pill. We don't know anything about my hubby's fertility yet.
I'd love to know if anyone has been successful getting pregnant with pcos without the need for fertility drugs, and if so how long it took. I'm terrified of not being able to conceive and I get so upset about it! Any help would be much appreciated. :)

I don't have pcos, but some ladies on here who have it and have gotten pregnant naturally x

Hello and welcome, as Peanut says there are a lot of us here with pco and pcos.

I've been pregnant twice naturally in the last four years, although I have lost both pregnancies. I am now taking clomid to try and speed things up a bit as I am a lot older than you eek.

If you run a search on pcos on this forum you will find a lot of interesting posts about pco and supplements various people are taking to lessen the symptoms and improve our chances. That you are having regular cycles is great although I would def recommend asking for a blood test to confirm ovulation as it is possible to have regular cycles and not actually release the egg.

Hi and welcome, I have pcos and conceived on the 7th cycle with the help of soy and EPO. Good luck and hope your ttc journey is a short one x

Thank you that's all really helpful! Getting some funny symptoms this week so I'm obsessing a bit now haha! Period not due for another 7-9 days and been having mild cramps and very light spotting since yesterday evening, my period are NEVER early and the cramps are nowhere near as bad as normal menstrual cramps. Anybody reckon this is something? Happy Sunday :) x

I found chromium and cinnamon helped me loads. And maca tablets. They were the only things really. It's been harder for me than most but I also have a tilted cervix and possibly other, undiagnosed issues going on. Good luck. Xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back