anyone with pcos i bring hope

Discussion in 'Trying to Conceive' started by leanne, Feb 4, 2006.

1. leanne

leanne Well-Known Member

anyone diagnosed with pcos and loosing faithn ib ttc dont loose hope. ive been diagnosed with pcos for about 5 years now and was ttc for 1 year before falling pregnant. didnt even have a period for 8 months before i fell pregnant so it took ages for me to believe i was expecting, now currently got 16 day til im due so there is hope out there. im living proof!!!

2. Skidoo

Skidoo Well-Known Member

Another hopeful story for anyone with PCOS:

I was also diagnosed with PCOS 5 or 6 years ago. I'd been on the pill for most of my adult life so all this came to light when a long term relationship ended and I decided to quit using it. It was complicated by an initially undiagnosed low functioning thyroid gland.

I was told to lose weight - which I did once my thyroid problem got sorted out - but it could take me months to concieve, and that I should go back to see the consultant if I hadn't concieved after 6 months.

I stopped taking the pill last xmas. We were careful not to get me pregnant until I'd had two periods which was frustrating as I am so irregular when not on the pill. By then we'd moved in together and were having a lot of fun if you get my drift. My baby is due in a couple of weeks!!