TTC with one ovary?!?

Kay1987

Reaction score
I had my son by C-section and during this they removed my right ovary due to a large cyst. Ive been told i have the same chance as a woman with both ovaries of conceivong normally but i just cant stop worrying that it will cause problems for my partner and I, we are currently tryin for baby number 2. The more serious we have become about trying the more worried ive become, its getting to the point i cant think about much else! Is anybody else going through something similar?

Not personally, but my friend had an ectopic pregnancy which resulted in her having an ovary removed and i was really worried for her, and she went and got pregnant literally as soon as she was able to have sex again after surgery.

She is about 20 weeks now and everything is fine :)

Thanks Louise that reassuring. Ive just come off the pill so I know it will take a while for my body 2 adjust and get in 2 regular cycles but I just know already that every month I dont fall pregnant I will be thinking its down to the one ovary, trying so hard not to fixate on it but its going to be hard work!!

I can understand it being hard for you to get your head around, but for all you know your one ovary will pick up the slack for the missing ovary.

No one really knows for sure how it works :)

Hopefully if Doc has said you'll be fine then you should have no probs.
Miranda in Sex and the City conceived with just one ovary and Steve had dodgy sperm!
I know it's hard, but try to relax - the stress of worrying will only make it worse and in turn, potentially less likely to happen.
Good luck and baby dust x

My friend had 1 ovary and was told that she may have trouble conceiving as she had cysts on the other too. But now she has 3 kids and had no trouble getting preg at all xx

Thanks alot guys, really trying to relax and just enjoy trying, feeling better now knowing people have managed just fine. x

Awww Jenny!!

Of course it's true but as much as I love Sex And The City, Miranda and Steve aren't real babes!!

That's so something I would say too though!!

LOL!!

xx

Kay, Bet of luck TTC, you'll be fine and everyone here is really supportive! xx

Maybe - don't shatter my illusion and break my heart! If I want to cling on to Miranda and Steve conceiving against the odds then I will *humph!*

:)

Still tickles me a couple of hours on!!

It's good to have hope though hun! xxx

i had an ectopic pregnancy 5 years ago, they took out the tube and ovary, then i found out i was O- or rhd negative blood group and my partner and i have been trying to conceive for 6 months. I am using the clear blue fertility monitor and doing everything i can with diet, exercise, sex etc but still not got pregnant. i am really worried there may be something wrong. i have had my smear done and everything was normal? am i just putting too much pressure on myself as wehave only been trying for 6 months? or is the blood group and previous ectopic pregnancy reason to worry? i am so confused, and so broody... help!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back