Cyst on Ovary, anyone got one. please read.help

angie84

Reaction score
SOOOO confused now,
was told at 12 week scan had a LARGE cyst on right ovary, well that explans alot of the pains ive been having.
was lying in bed lastnight night having a feel of my tummy, and there is a hard bit just below my belly buton to the right, but not on the left.
im assuming if it was baby it would be all over my lower tummy and not just oneside.??
so me now stressing out its this cyst and its huge etc etc... just stressing...
anyone help?

I have four "large" cysts and they can hurt like hell hunny :hug: although the hormones during pregnancy often make them disappear of their own accord as they receive the wrong hormones to grow.

Your ovaries will actually slip round the back of the uterus as the baby grows and they will stay very low down in their original position. I would think the pains near your belly button are just stretching ligaments.

If the cyst was that big they would have drained it, although they pose no problems to baby what so ever they can be frightening and very painful if they burst (which is very unlikely).

Ring your midwife if it's worrying you hunny, she can tell you everything you need to know but honestly it's nothing to worry about xxxxxxxx

so what do u think the large lump is thats hard just on one side.?
they said they would have a look at my 20 week scan see if its grown. just got me paranoid.
the pain isnt there all the time only now and then.
my husband thinks im being a drama queen.lol

The cyst won't feel like a hard lump hun, they are fluid filled so they are very squishy. It could have been a bit of hard poo or trapped wind, pregnancy makes our bowels do some very funny stuff and as everything's being elbowed out of the way by your little camper you'll feel lots of weird and wonderful things.

Try not to over analyse everything, easier said I know, but you can honestly drive yourself mental with all the worry xxxxxxxx

I had a cyst at my 12 week scan, but it had disapeared by the time of my 20 week scan yesterday

As BB says prob something delightful like poo...won't be your cyst round there!!

I had one at my 12 week scan but it was gone by the next one. Was told it actually indicated which ovary i ovulated from and that most wonen get them to some degree

hopefuly its just baby then. just worried. 1st pregnancy.
thank you everyone i do appirciate it

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back