TTC is so confusing!

Ab202

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Sorry for the constant questions... This is my first time TTC.

Basically, for those who haven't read my previous posts, I was on a few different pills for the past year or 2. I came off the pill recently, had a withdrawal bleed, then about 4ish weeks later I had my first proper period since the pill.

I'm now on CD14 since that period and we have been TTC. On CD9, I had ewcm but it was creamy in colour. Then at CD11 I had what I thought was O pain, but now (on CD14) I'm getting that O pain again which feels more like O pain than a couple of days ago did, however my CM is now creamy, almost like lotion (sorry for tmi!!). Also, it may not mean anything, but I had quite a bad dizzy spell earlier, which is very unlike me - could this be related to O? I'm not sure what sort of time frame O pain gives in relation to when O actually occurs?? And is the "ew" cm anything worth relying on?

With my periods before pills I used to be like clockwork and had O pain every month without fail, knew my cycles inside and out - now I'm confused!

Any advice or own experiences would be gratefully received!!

Last edited:
I agree it is confusing. I also often get pain twice in my ovaries during my fertile window. Apparently as the eggs are maturing you can get a kind of dull pain so it's not just at ovulation. I get EWCM days before I ovulate, sometimes for a week and sometimes around the time I ovulate there is not so much.

Do you do ovulation tests? They are probably a better indication. Also basal temperature charting helps you see when you have ovulated and if you chart every month you can see your pattern.

Every month I think I know what I'm doing and then all the signs catch me off guard. Probably best to dtd every other day to ensure there's some sperm ready.

Be interesting to hear what other people experience.

I haven't tried ovulation tests myself, didn't want to put too much pressure on but it's so hard not to when I'm so excited!!

The annoying pain I've experienced all damn day (!!!) has finally been accompanied with proper ewcm!! (Sorry for the tmi!) so fingers crossed!!! Best get bd-ing! Haha!

I can't believe I'm so excited before I'm even pregnant haha! Just finally feel on track again!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back