TTC emotions off the scale

Rosbird1

Reaction score
Hi, we've been TTC for first child since august last year, thought we'd cracked it at christmas, went 5 days late then sadly got visited on 6th day and visited with a vengeance. Much much heavier and more painful period than usual, not sure if was miscarriage but felt very blue ever since. Close friends had baby before christmas, which is lovely (apart from my terrible baby envy) and now found out sister in law pregnant with first baby. Really happy for her but finding it very hard to keep emotions in check. Told a few close friends we were TTC, but they dont help by calling every month to see if we're pregnant. Now telling everyone we're putting it on hold just to get the pressure off. Why dont people realise how emotional a time it is and be more supportive?? Cant talk to anyone about how im feeling now or it'll start the rollercoaster off all over again. Not that i want anyone to be going through this too, but are my irrational emotions normal?? I just want it to be me :-(

Hi hunni its perfectly normal to have these emotions I was the same when I was ttc I'd get more & more excited every day I was late then come crashing down when period arrived. I know it feels like everyone else is getting what you want but your time will come as we all deserve to be mummies!! I lost my daughter in November & 5 of my friends have all had babies since & I think 'I want it to be me'.

Dont keep your emotions to yourself as it will start to get to you, can you talk to your OH about how you feel, or 1 close friend who wont tell anyone?

Everyone here will give you support when you need so try & be strong xx

hi p1nk11, thank you for your kind words, even as you are suffering yourself you are being strong for others x
I can talk to OH about it thank goodness, and he does sympathise but there always seems to be something a little more important than TTC so i think i am getting frustrated that i feel like the only one who is taking it really seriously.
I wanted to be married before starting a family too so i feel a little bit cheated that im not yet. Its almost like, we're not getting married yet but we can try for a baby, but that isnt happening either so its like im not getting anything i want!!! I sound like an emotional wreck but its only since we started TTC that ive been this way! I never knew i would be affected by it so much! Cant shake it off either, its so frustrating and everywhere i turn seems to be baby baby baby!!!

Aww I know where you're coming from hun. It's a real emotional kick this TTC lark. Also been trying since Aug and faced the late AF but then AF with a vengeance thing. That was early Dec. You're not alone my lovely and it's good you are talking on here because we are all going through the same or similar and all here for hugs and support.

Conceiving can take a year and sometimes two!! When I finally allowed that info to sink in and stopped going lalala not listening it took the pressure off a bit.

You doing opks or anything hun?

Xxxxx

Ahh hun ttc can take so much out of you, I have been trying for 8months now and its so hard at times. You are not alone in the way that you are feeling, I think every single lady on here has felt the way you are right now. I can talk to my DH about it all and he is great, but I find that the people who understand me the most are the people who are going through the same thing, all the ladies on here are so nice and help pick you up when you are feeling sad or having a tough time.

Hope you feel better about it soon x x x x x

Hey Rosbird..

I can understand how frustrating those phonecalls would be for you!!

Im glad I havn't told anybody about TTC as I think if I got a phone call this month asking.. I'd have an emotional breakdown..!

I think you telling them that your on a break is a good idea!

I know its easier said than done, but try to stay positive.. And if you need a pick me up at anytime you know to just log on here and we will get ya smiling in no time :D

X

You're not alone at all.

Think all of us TTCers have been upset at BFPs.

If you need cheering up, just pop on here, we'll do our best!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back