TTC after MMC

Mel05

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I had a missed miscarriage just over 6 weeks ago. I have finally stopped bleeding and am keen to start trying again soon. When I became pregnant we weren't trying at that point so I am new to this!

I was wondering if anyone knows if using ovulation tests so soon after miscarriage would give me an accurate time as to when i'm due to ovulate? If so, which ones are best to buy?

Thanks!

Hi Mel, sorry about your mmc. Yes, opk's will help but just do a pregnancy test first to make sure all the hcg has gone from your system. I tested with opk's a few days after passing the sac with my miscarriage and got a really strong positive but then tested with a pregnancy test and it was still positive. Pregnancy hormone can sometimes show up on an opk. My period started about 3 weeks after my bleeding stopped but that was 30 days to the day after passing the sac, 30 days is my usual cycle.

Best of luck.

Oh, and I just use cheap opk's from amazon, they work well for me.

Thanks for your reply :)! I had blood taken last week and my hcg was down to 6. I haven't had a period since September and have never tracked my cycle before so i'm not sure exactly how long it is.

Oh thanks, I'll order some from amazon! Had a look at ones in boots that were quite expensive so didn't want to buy them if it was too soon for them to be accurate.

Ok, 6 means you still have pregnancy hormone in your systemI believe, I think it anything over 5 is classed as pregnant. If that was last week I would guess you are down below 5 by now

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back