TTC after miscarriage?

I've read about smep before.

We'll try and dtd every other day or so, but as I only had my erpc 2 weeks ago, we're not trying properly just yet.

Obviously we're not using contraception though, so there's still a chance.

I would be totally stressed and expecting the worst anyway next time I get pregnant, so being unsure of dates etc wouldn't matter.

XX

I've just bought some opk's and preseed again, also started temping again.
So here we go again.. Already feeling scared but hopeful.
Also we do smep! At least we try to, to begin with we mostly leave 2 days in between instead of every other day and then when opk hits + we go for it every day and hope for the best lol.
How are you all doing?

Last edited:
My hpt was negative this morning so looks like things are getting back to normal.

Hopefully won't be too long until ov now.

I tried preseed and conceive plus before but I don't think I used it the times that I got pregnant!

XX

Glad your body is back on track now and you can get on with ttc. Hope your not waiting long for ov. I would recommend using opk this cycle just in case you catch as helps with dating the pregnancy :) xxx

Last edited:
I want to opk but had agreed with hubby that we would ntnp for a bit.

I want to try properly so I think I'll need risk have a chat with him and see if he's feeling ready yet.

If I get ov pains then I'd have an idea of when we conceived, but I can't gaurantee I'll get them!

I'll see what hubby says and go from there.

I very much doubt I'll catch first cycle! Would never be that lucky!!

XX

My hpt was negative this morning so looks like things are getting back to normal.

Hopefully won't be too long until ov now.

I tried preseed and conceive plus before but I don't think I used it the times that I got pregnant!

XX

Which hpt do you use to check?

Just cheapies.

I did one two days ago and it had a faint but visible line but can't see anything on this morning's.

The hospital did say that because they take away everything with an erpc, my body should get back to normal a lot quicker which it does seem to be so far.

XX

Just cheapies.

I did one two days ago and it had a faint but visible line but can't see anything on this morning's.

The hospital did say that because they take away everything with an erpc, my body should get back to normal a lot quicker which it does seem to be so far.

XX

Which cheapies do you use as I need to restock but not sure which ones to get! Lol.
Good to hear your body is getting back to normal! That sure helps

I got them off Amazon.

One step pregnancy tests 10mui.

I got 20 for like £2.99 or something!!

You can get evap lines on them but then to be fair you can get that with all tests!

When ttc I will do cheapies first and then a frer if I think there's something on the cheapie.

They've always worked well for me, as have the cheapie one step opks.

XX

I got them off Amazon.

One step pregnancy tests 10mui.

I got 20 for like £2.99 or something!!

You can get evap lines on them but then to be fair you can get that with all tests!

When ttc I will do cheapies first and then a frer if I think there's something on the cheapie.

They've always worked well for me, as have the cheapie one step opks.

XX

Do they work before period is due or do you only test from the day your period is due?

I got a bfp at 9dpo last time and 10dpo the two times before.

They were obviously super faint but enough for me to do a frer after.

XX

Some people don't rate them but they've always done me well, bar a couple of evaps.

They're great to satisfy the urge to poas without making yourself broke! Lol!!

XX

With the ovulation ones, do you do it in the afternoon and evening? Also not to have had a wee or drink for a few hours? Do any of you rate them? My pregnancy in Dec, I didn't do anything. We'd had a break off sex due to him working away, period, and just not been bothered, after all these months of following the charts and knowing when I feel more horny/ewcm etc. Then after a three month no sex, we did it basically to break the cycle of no sex! Because I was going away for a week with the kids and my sister, anyway.... Bingo without knowing.

I worried about the test etc you have at 10+ weeks due to my age, but miscarriaged didn't cross my mind. .... Still hard to believe.

Anyway..... Positive vibes to all trying this year! X

I fell with our rainbow three months after our mc. We will be TTC again in May and I'm excited yet so scared!

This is a great idea Emily! I've really struggled with the ttc process since the m/c in November. I torture myself all the time and look in the 'due in July' section to see where the girls are at in their pregnancy and how far I'd be now etc. Why do I do that? It just makes everything so much harder and makes me so negative. I need a shake xx

MelH999 I tend to do my opks between 5 &6 in the evening and not drink or per from 2.30.

If I'm home then I might do one in the afternoon too but generally it's in the evening.

It's always worked fine this way and I've always caught my surge.

XX

MrsS15 I do the same!

I should be either 32 weeks or 12 weeks depending.

I really hope I'm pregnant by my due date in April, but I doubt it.

Big hugs hun.

XX

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back