TTC after a miscarriage

Tonks82

Reaction score
I've just miscarried over the weekend (a blighted ovum but not confirmed), having a re scan on Thursday as they couldn't confirm last Wednesday whether it was in fact empty as the sac measured under 20mm so they said there was a very slim chance they just couldn't see the baby on the US. :cry:
Anyway I know I passed it and obviously I'm still bleeding but just like a heavy AF now.

Don't judge me but we dtd last night and we weren't careful :shock: - I think we needed some intimacy after the crap week we've had. I know I run the risk of infection but I wasn't thinking about that at the time! I know we prob should have least waited until after the US on Thursday :dohh:

We are desperate to start trying again. For the ladies who have miscarried when did you start trying again?

Sorry to hear the news Tonks! You're such an optimistic person and it's good to see you haven't been disheartened. I think it's amazing that you're ready to try again! I'm no expert in miscarriages or infections tbh, enjoy Dtd if it makes you happy :)

So sorry to hear this tonks :hug:

I miscarried in November. It's such an awful experience, the heartbreak is horrible! Wouldn't judge you at all. You do what feels right for you! They advise you wait until after your first period to start trying again but I think that's just from a dating point of view. I don't think many adhere to it! We planned to try right away too but when it came to it I just felt too upset and my heart wasn't in it. Never thought I'd feel that way but I suppose you never know how you'll react. We did have unprotected sex twice so we weren't preventing anyway. I got my period 4 weeks after the m/c and we've been properly trying since. If you feel ready then go for it hun :) hope you're doing okay xxx

Oh hun, I'm so very sorry for your loss.

I had a mmc in September and we started trying right away.

Hospital advised I have a full cycle before trying again but I drove home from the hospital and did an opk that same afternoon!

I didn't want to waste any time and was consumed with being pregnant again.

I git my bfp in December just 3 months after my mc.

Good luck hun and I hope you are doing ok.

XX

So sorry to hear this, like the others have said you do what's right for you. You sound like your a strong person, take care and hope it works out for u xx

Sorry to hear, it's awful :( hugs to you!!
Some nurses/docs tell you to wait between 1-3 months to get your period back on track, but we started trying as soon as the bleeding stopped, I thought I'd be more fertile unsure if it's true, I'm on my second cycle since. I think if you feel ready to start again that's all that matters and if theres nothing medically wrong ofc.
Fx you get your sticky bfp xx

Really sorry.

After both my mc we wanted to start trying straight away.

Thanks ladies I'm glad I'm not the only nut job that wants to jump straight back on the TTC train again!!
I'm so frightened that I will have to wait a few months to fall again and then god knows what I'll be like if I am pregnant.
After my 1st chemical pregnancy last January I didn't conceive again until August again but I know myself and husband were really stressed in the first half 2015 with moving house issues, husband hated his job, I hated hearing husband moaning about his job and my job got very very intense so I'm thinking that maybe that had something to do with it.

I swear I'm going to make sure we dtd every day until I get a BFP!

xxx

It sounds terrible but that was a huge part of my upset when I m/c, I couldn't believe I'd have to start the whole ttc process again. And not having a clue when it'd happen! Took 6 months to get that bfp and I couldn't stand the thought of it taking that time, or longer, again. I felt all my plans for next year were gone and it upset me so much. It's looking like it is going to take us a good while again too. Although we were the same as you, had a horrendously stressful year so I'm hoping now that's all by with it won't take as long. I really hope it happens soon for you mrs xx

Last edited:
I also worry all the time too that when it does happen I won't enjoy it. My anxiety and worry after a m/c will ruin it! I really hope not, I'll definitely be paying for a reassurance scan xx

MrsS15 that is exactly what I'm greiving for, you couldn't have summed it up any more perfectly.
Aldo I'm worried too exactly about the anxiety I will have if I do fall again!

This is long hard process but I hope one day we can get outcome we desire :) xxx

Really sorry to hear about your miscarriage ️xxx I had one in september, I waited until bleeding stopped then started trying, I was going to wait but thought I would let my body decide.

I came on my period 6 weeks after MC then it took ages for me to come on again, skipped november, came on in December and now I'm preganant on my third cycle.

I am convinced I got pregnant because I didn't think about getting pregnant, I managed to put it at the back of my mind and did other things to distract me ️️xxx

I wish you all the luck in the world with your journey xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back