Trying to make leah sleep- FIRST NIGHT DONE!

Hi Kim,
It's difficult trying to change two things at the same time -introducing CC and at the same time completely changing her routine. It seems as if she can last about 3 or 4 hours before she has a sleep and thinks that 7pm is nap time. But the good thing is that she does have a long sleep between 10pm and 9pm. Means she can do it earlier :)

Try keeping her awake after her last nap (not later than 4pm?) for more than 3 or 4 hours so she really has to push to keep going. She might go down to sleep properly then, around 8pm or 9pm. My LO did the same for while. If we put her to bed at 7pm she thought it was a nap but at 8 or 9pm she went down for the night.

Then at 8 or 9pm she will be tired and even if you do CC she will settle quickly because she is already tired.

thanks.. sunday will be my first night trying it as im having a housewarming on saturday and want leah to be up then :)

UPDATE-

After her dinner she started getting sleepy, so I just thought I'd try and give it a go.
So i took her up and gave her her dummy, then left the room. I was spying on her through the door but she couldn't see me.
She played and walked around her cot for 10 minutes then she started moaning. I counted 2 minutes then went in and put her dummy in and did this for 20 minutes.
Then whenever I went in it made her worse and she got hysterical, so I just left her and spied on her.
She was really sobbing :cry: :cry: :cry:
She kept calming down and then starting up hysterical again.
But I stuck at it!
Then after 10 minutes or so she kept lying down as if she was going to sleep, and then sitting/standing up again crying. She did this for about 25 minutes, then finally she laid down and fell asleep!!
I had one of her nursery rhymes on repeat on the cd player, so hopefully now she will associate that song with going to sleep.

I wasn't going to start until after weekend but thought I will just give it a try.
I was texting jo throughout so she saved me because if i wasn't asking her all these questions then i would have given up after half an hour! so thanks jo!
just hope it gets easier....... and i hope she's still my friend when she wakes up :rotfl: :rotfl:

this is her after just over an hour lol

Picture.jpg

well done hun!!!

yea thats exactly what i did..its so worth it :D

WELL DONE :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

Its good it worked for you.

What I will say is to be consistent and if you are having people over this weekend don't revert back and let her stay up till late or whatever as you'll only confuse her further. If you are going this route, then stick with it, be consistent so she knows what is what and settles into the times. If you mess around with times and routine then you are not being fair on her as when you revert to it she'll be unsettled again probably.

yeah decided im going to carry on with it and put her to bed tomorrow night.
I've just finished round 2... it took an hour again but she started lying down after a few minutes so she kinda knew what she was supposed to do!
peace ! :sleep: :sleep: :sleep:

9.30pm

asleep in 6 minutes not even a sound off her :rotfl: :clap: :clap: :clap:

had a brilliant night.. she went to bed at 9.30pm after 6 minutes playing with her teddy, then she woke at 10.30pm, whined for about 7 minutes then when straight back to sleep. Then she slept all night until 5 this morning when I fetched her in with me :lol: :lol:
I will start getting up earlier and moving bedtime earlier now.
Yesterday at both nap times, an hour was wasted each time because of her crying, so bedtime should have been about 8.30pm really... but will try that tonigh.
i'm so happy i started it yesterday :cheer: :cheer:

Kimbo said:
had a brilliant night.. she went to bed at 9.30pm after 6 minutes playing with her teddy, then she woke at 10.30pm, whined for about 7 minutes then when straight back to sleep. Then she slept all night until 5 this morning when I fetched her in with me :lol: :lol:
I will start getting up earlier and moving bedtime earlier now.
Yesterday at both nap times, an hour was wasted each time because of her crying, so bedtime should have been about 8.30pm really... but will try that tonigh.
i'm so happy i started it yesterday :cheer: :cheer:

well done hun!!! really glad youve cracked it!! x

Well done Kim, sounds like it's going really well.

I just wanted to say that I definitely think getting her up earlier is a good idea. Most babies her age get up around 7am. This ensures they can have a nice 12 hours of daytime waking/naps etc, and then bedtime around 7pm.

We always get Asher up at 7am, or 7.15am at weekends if we want a teeny bit more sleep! I would love to leave him longer to get a lie in, but that's his routine and it means he's nice and tired by 7pm so me and DH get a good evening together.

So the way we see it, if we want our evenings free, we have to get up with him at 7am! Soooo annoying but it works for us.

K.xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshatflare
Back