trying for what seems like ages!!

xkmummyxx

Reaction score
hiya, my names jordan iv just joined to get some much needed advice and general talk as im getting quite stressed about the whole trying for a baby thing which im sure many of you im sure is going through!

sooo.... where do i start lol. I already have a beautiful boy called Kyran who will be four in september who was a lovely surprise when i got pregnant so heres me thinking it was gunna be as easy to get pregnant when you "want" to get pregnant....NO!!, Me and my boyfriend have been trying since febuary to conceive with no luck (obvoiusly) so this month i thought about using ovulation sticks which is all a tad confusing im using the strip tests, iv been getting strong lines for 5 days?!?! (no clue) really need to research more about this....
I had my period on the 24th of april so the say 14 days after the first day of your period is when you ovulate, but then i have a huge bleed on the 10th! i never bleed heavly so im not sure what that was about! so i started taking the strip tests on the 14th just to be sure but been having positive tests all the way through was meant to start ovulating today which i have a strong positive today! Had sex last night so im hoping that will up my chances :lol: as i herd sperm stays in you for 3-5 days, so going to have sex again tomorrow as iv also heard you cant have sex to much as this "weakens" the sperm? so fingers crossed this works! hate this broody feeling, but also dont want to turn into a crazed women with these ovulations sticks lol!!

Anyone else use these ovulations sticks? And know if i was right in thinking about the sperm lasting 3-5 days (so whens the best time to have sex when your ovulating?) and also about how many times you have sex?!
Dont want to stress about this but kinder cant help it sometimes :oooo: TIA xxx

Hello & Welcome.

I thought the same....You go through many years trying not to get pregnant and then many years trying to get pregnant.

Well, you don't always ovulate 14 days after your period. This is just a myth.

'The first part of your cycle, from Day 1 of menses (bleeding) yo ovulation, if the follicular (or oestrogenic) phase. Its length can vary considerably. The second phase of the cycle, from ovulation to the last dat before your new period begins, is the luteal phase. It usually has a finite lifespan of 12-16 days. What this means is that, ultimately, it is the day of ovulation that will determine the length of your cycle.'

For example a woman could have an extremly delayed ovulation due to stress, not ovulating until day 30 or so. This would then result in about a 44 day cycle. Thus, just becasue a woman is on day 44 and hasn't gotten her period doesn't neccesarily mean shes pregnant.

This is from the book Taking Charge of Your Fertility by Toni Weschler. It's very fascinating and helps you understand your body LOADS!! It's deffo worth investing in.

xx

Just a thought - but when did you last do a pregnancy test? as ov strips can be positive when you are pregnant, the bleed could have been something to do with pregnancy? not getting your hopes up but just thinking about the timing of your AF, then the bleed etc.....

welcome to the forums btw I only joined 2 weeks ago :)

thanks guys.. um... i havent done a pregnancy test in awhile as i dont like doing them lol, i have thought about it but it was quite a heavy bleed so i dout it, but for the past three days i have been feeling very sick and certain smells make me feel sick but i herd thats also a sign of ovulation lol but havent felt like that before?!?! im due my period on the 7th so will just wait to see if i come on or not to take a test :) xx

Hi Jordan :wave: Welcome to PF!

When I was TTC, I used ovulation sticks, but didn't find them very useful as it always varied as to when I actually ovulated.. But by all means, use them to pick up a pattern and to see when you're ovulating..
The only advice I can really give you is to stop drinking/smoking (if this applies to you), maintain a healthy lifestyle and diet and try not to stress (I know it's difficult)..

The best time to have sex is before you expect to ovulate.. This is because, as you said, sperm can live inside for much longer than your egg does.. I would say to have sex every other day, so you can catch the time when you're fertile + the sperm can still survive.. Also, have sex on the day you get your positive OPK..

I was so obsessive over falling pregnant, I never thought it would happen.. I can definitely sympathise with you when you say it feels like you've been TTC forever! Each cycle seems to drag more as time goes on!

I fell pregnant when I was less obsessive over it.. It was my birthday, we'd had a lovely weekend and was very relaxed.. So I swear by taking each day as it comes, trying to not stress about it, have some 'me' time and don't think of sex as a chore! Maybe spice it up a bit..

I'm sorry I can't be of more help, but wishing you all the best in TTC!
It will happen when you least expect it..

Baby dust! :dust:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back