Ovulation bleeding

Gwen1989

Reaction score
Hello, i'm new to the forum. I have been trying to concieve for around three weeks now :) I have a cycle of 35 days and for the last three months or so I have been experiencing ovulation bleeding - I am assuming its ovulation bleeding as it only happens around the time im ovulating. It last for around 2 - 3 days.

I'm a little worried about how to deal with this as I dont quite understand if I am supposed to have sex during this bleed or around this bleed? Its always a bit unsettling when I think iv'e finished the bleed to then find some more during sex.
Does this bleed mean I am currently ovulating or does it mean leading up to or finished ovulation?

I tend to get all the mucus stringy like stuff before the bleed.

Its not painful at all. I went to the dr's and my urine tested fine. I know not all women expeience this but I thought maybe some women on this forum may have and would be able to offer some advice :)

Thanks

Gwen

Hi gwen and welcome to the forum! I've never heard of ovulation bleeding but I am pretty new to all this TTC business so someone may be along soon who knows a bit more about it! I would always be a bit wary of any bleeding between periods, but if you've been to the docs then I'm sure its nothing to worry about.

Everything I've read suggests to start BD'ing (baby dancing I.e. Sex!) Every other day from the end of your period, and then perhaps to start doing it a bit more often when you start to see the cervical mucus which you mention, as that suggests you're coming up to ovulation.

I would really suggest getting some OPK's (ovulation predictor kits), which you can get cheaply online. Not sure if you already know about them but if you go to www.peeonastick.com (google it as not sure if its .co.uk or something else) you'll find lots of useful info. They basically will show you a dark line 12-48 hours before you're likely to ovulate so that you have a much better idea of when your 'fertile window' is and can target extra BD'ing around that date. I've used them for the first time this month and found them a bit tricky to use at first but I love them now I've got used to them!

I think my cycles are going to be around 35 days too (possibly a bit more) so we're similar!

Hi there, thanks for your reply :) apparently it can be quite common for women to get ovulation bleeding, and my mind was put to rest when my dr said it was normal, as like you mentioned I did panic at first haha!

I have made sure to have sex during the mucus days as you refered to as the eggwhite stuff! :) just wasnt sure weather to still continue to do so during the ovulation bleed?? My husband is willing to do whatever I want to do but i want him to be comfortable too!

Hopefully I'll get some help from people who experience this :)

Hi Gwen.
I've been experiencing exactly the same thing for 3 months now. I'm a bit concerned about it because I have never had this mid cycle bleeding before,it's only started since we started TTC.
I've made an appt with my GP for next week to get a check up and have a chat about it so hopefully will get some answers then...or at least just reassurance that there is nothing wrong. I'll let you know how I get on. :)

I had this last month for the first time and wondered what the heck was going on. Didn't know you could bleed during ov. Bit of a pain as bf wont come near me then. Hasn't happened this month thank goodness

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back