Trying for second child

vixxie77

Reaction score
Hi everyone! My lo, Millie, turns 1 on Sunday! Gone so fast! :s We've decided to start trying for a little brother or sister for her :) but I have really mixed feelings. I had my coil out today so could be pregnant as early as next month. I keep feeling guilty about not being able to give all my attention to Millie if and when a new baby arrives but at the same time feel slight excitement about being pregnant again and having another baby! I have also been thinking about my labour with Millie as it started a year ago today. I'm not sure if this is all normal or whether we should maybe wait longer but then I'll be 34 next month so the clock is ticking! x x

Hi hun, welcome back to the forum!
Having 2 close together would be lovely!
Happy birthday to Millie for tomorrow x x

Nice to see you back Hun! if you feel ready go for it, id love Another one now but OH isn't ready. hope millie is having a lovely day xx

There are 22 months between my 2. Jake was conceived a little earlier than planned but its amazing how much love you can give to more than just one child. Good luck with it all hun im sure Millie cant wait to be a big sister xx

Hey hun

My age is the reason that we have conceived again so soon after our son, he will be 1 in December. I have the worries that I won't be able to feel the same as I do with my son, or it won't be enough or I can't give as much time, I won't be able to BF coz of the commitment to both children etc.

I'm just having faith though that when it comes to it, it will all just fall into place the same way it did when Oscar arrived. I had loads of worries and fears throughout his pregnancy but it just became clear when he was born and life went on.

I do wish we'd had children younger so we didn't have to go through pregnancy again so soon, but at the same time it will be lovely to have such a small age gap between the two. If we have another boy I hope that they will be best friends!

xxxx

Hi, my baby is 3.5 months and my partner and I are talking about having another one, so if you want to do it as you only live once... I am sure you and your hubby will juggle two.. x

Thanks laceysmummy and zmd, its good to be back :) and thanks for the birthday wishes for millie x x

Maria1977 looks like were the same age hun :) so wish I'd had children earlier too, but it just didn't work out that way. I feel exactly the same as you. But I think its true what u say, I had loads of worries when I was pregnant with Millie, didn't think I'd b able to cope, but look at me now lol

Thanks everyone, you've been a great help! ;) x x

Hiya hun :) I got pregnant with my second when my first lil one was 8 months old . Its great fun ! busy yes but I love it . I feel just the same about lily as I do Aoibheann and even though i do have to juggle my time a bit a good routine and a helpgul partner are key . I think the girls will be very close and my second pregnancy was much easier x

Hiya hun :) I got pregnant with my second when my first lil one was 8 months old . Its great fun ! busy yes but I love it . I feel just the same about lily as I do Aoibheann and even though i do have to juggle my time a bit a good routine and a helpgul partner are key . I think the girls will be very close and my second pregnancy was much easier x

That's very reassuring, thanks hun :) I do feel a lot better about it now, millie seems to have grown up a lot in the last couple of wks and is walking too :) feel abit more excited now, can't wait to test at the end of the month! :) x x

Ditto!! Hubby really wants to start trying again (only just got AF) right now, but I don't want either child to feel neglected, and am thinking do I wait until Sophia's a little older and understands what's going on. But then I really would like another one...

And work, I've only jsut come back, I'd feel so guilty telling them I'm leaving for another 9 months!! (They'd be happy, but I'd feel bad!)

Ditto!! Hubby really wants to start trying again (only just got AF) right now, but I don't want either child to feel neglected, and am thinking do I wait until Sophia's a little older and understands what's going on. But then I really would like another one...

And work, I've only jsut come back, I'd feel so guilty telling them I'm leaving for another 9 months!! (They'd be happy, but I'd feel bad!)

I feel alot better about it now, we've started trying and so excited about getting bfp soon :) still having nagging doubts in the back of my mind, but nowhere near as bad as before.

Don't worry about work, nothing to feel bad about, they will expect it and could be quite awhile yet anyway x x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back