True confessions of an overweight mum 2 be - Hubby felt it

Charlie:-)

Reaction score
Woohoo - my hubby felt our baby kicking this morning while we were laid in bed having a cuppa.

I was a bit worried he would never get to feel his first born move inside my tummy because im a size 16 (or at least I was before pg & all my maternity clothes are 16) and have a lot of insulation round my bump. Anyhow I pulled my spare tyre tight and he felt it kicking twice at the bottom of my bump!!

So pleased and happy for him!!

:cheer: :cheer: yay!! That's great news!! I know how you feel cos my DH felt our baby moving for the first time last night!! It's really exciting and makes everything seem real!! :D

Yay congrats!!! I can't wait till I can feel mine move but I'm more looking forward to DH feeling it, makes it more real for the men and they can participate in the whole thing a bit more!

Helen

Aww I'm so happy for you :cheer: :cheer:
and I don't think a size 16 is big at all hun!

Pleased he got to feel a kick :)

And don't worry, chances are soon enough he'll be able to feel them a lot more. I have an ample tummy and my hubby has been able to feel the kicks well and truly since about 24 weeks. We sit and watch my tum move around of an eveing and try and predict where the next kick or elbow is going to happen :roll:

They have become very visible and easy to feel, so I would think yours will also.

Im a big girl too, and my Df has felt the baby kick a few times now, and has been able to feel his head poking out the top of my bump lol

Sally+Baby said:
Aww I'm so happy for you :cheer: :cheer:
and I don't think a size 16 is big at all hun!

ditto!!! size 16 isnt bad at all!!! before i got pregnant i was about a size 18 and now god only knows!!! lol

In a few weeks you will be able to see ure belly jump all over the place!! me and my mum sit and watch it for ages as hes tossing and turning.

im a size 16, i went to antenatal clinic the other day and they said my BMI is high and im classed as OBESE, cheeky monkeys :shock: . Why is there a stigma that we should all be skinny? Doctors!!!!! :wall: anyway the consultant said I have got to have an injection every day after giving birth, for the first five days to stop me getting blood clots. Anyone ever heard of this????
Anyway I got to listen to bubs heartbeat for the first time so it made up for the fact I was called obese!!! :D

Congratulations on you man feeling your baby :dance:
I was more excited when my james felt our little one for the first time then when i did. Because i could finaly share our little mans movements with him in stead of telling him our son was moving could feel it for himself.
He pleased as punch and so excited bless him :hug:

Thats wonderful and im also going to point out im a lot larger then you are nd my husband had no problems feelng any of our babies kick. Size on the babys part not yours is what will make the kicking evident. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back