trimesters - length????

hayley

Reaction score
I'm confussed about the length of each trimester. I thought the first trimester finished at 12 weeks. This is what i've read in my book. But don' know if thats calculated from the first day of your last period OR from conception (2 weeks after the first day of your last period) Also when does the second trimester finish????

x

hi hayley from what ive seen on here 2nd trimester begins at 13 weeks and 3rd begins at 27 weeks so not long now hun and u will be in 2nd xxxxxxxxxx

It's all calculated from your Last Menstrual Period (LMP). So when they say you are 10 weeks pregnant, the bean is actually 8 weeks old.

They calculate it this way even if, as in my case, the dates they give don't fit with your LMP. I had wildly irregular periods and according to my LMP would be a couple of weeks further along, so they use a kind of theoretical LMP instead by working backwards from the age of the foetus at the first dating scan!!

Oh Im so confused now. Will I be going into my 2nd trimester on Wednesday?

When Im reading my books i.e. this week should I be looking at 12 weeks or 10 weeks??

OOps thats was me, forgot to put how far gone I am

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back