Travelling with Formula

calphurnia7

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me their experiences? Easyjet is fine with me taking it on the plane but I wanted to know if anyone needed a sterilised travel kit or if they just used the cold water tablets. Did anyone bring ready stuff or just ask for boiling water at cafe's? What's the most effective way to travel with formula?

A friend of mine took ready made cartons and put it all in one of their hand luggage I think! She was going to have it shipped at one point I think.
Xxx

Not quite the same, but i was going to an agility competition at the weekend (got cancelled) and was going to take pre-sterilised bottles and a bottle of the ready made formula. It says to keep it in the fridge once opened but was just planning on leaving it in the car as its pretty cold. Not sure how you could keep it cold enough- ice pack maybe? Or how about buying the smaller cartons of milk, no need to worry about the storage then.

XX

I went to Greece when lo was 7 weeks. He was on comfort milk at the time so couldn't use cartons.
I took 2 tins of powder in suitcase and one in hubbys hand luggage.
I had the the bottles in my bag ready with the water in and the powder separate in a container for the flight. ( had to taste a bit of the water from bottles on back of my hand at security).
I used hot water from departure lounge to heat bottle pre flight and asked flight attendant to heat on plane which was fine.
Then I used my tt flask for the rest of the holiday and I took my microwave steriliser in suitcase as we were staying self catering x

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

I went to Greece when lo was 7 weeks. He was on comfort milk at the time so couldn't use cartons.
I took 2 tins of powder in suitcase and one in hubbys hand luggage.
I had the the bottles in my bag ready with the water in and the powder separate in a container for the flight. ( had to taste a bit of the water from bottles on back of my hand at security).
I used hot water from departure lounge to heat bottle pre flight and asked flight attendant to heat on plane which was fine.
Then I used my tt flask for the rest of the holiday and I took my microwave steriliser in suitcase as we were staying self catering x

Sorry to jump in, did you use boiled bottled water whilst you where there? X

Yes I asked at a shop and a Greek family we know there and they told me the best one to use that the Greeks use for babies. It was pretty much the equivalent to Evian x

Thanks I have the tomee tipee travel thermos with the removable bottle holder. I jsut use normal cow and gate so I guess I can bring the tetra paks. not sure if it matters they are over 100ml

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back