Making up baby formula

jayb30

Reaction score
Hi

Silly question but I think I might be reading the instructions of my baby formula wrong. Do I need to:

a) add the forumla to boiling water in the bottle and then let it cool?

b) or do I add boiling water to bottle, let it cool and then add the formula?

I read in a book the former and the instructions on my formula feed (SMA) seems to say the latter?

Sorry if I sound stupid but I'm new to all this!
Thanks!

I leave the boiled water in the kettle for 30-60 minutes then pour it into the bottles then add the milk. Any sooner than that and it burns your hands when you shake them and milk spurts out everywhere.

I add the water from the kettle after it has cooled for 30 minutes then I just add the powder as and when Teej is hungry, he takes his milk at room temp so I don't have to worry about heating it up. I just leave the bottles of water on the side ready.

Let the boiled water cool for about 30-45 mins after boiling, pour in to the bottles and then add the formula. If I am going out I take boiled water with me in the bottles (wrapped in tinfoil or a bottle case so that it doesn't get too cold because Jake doesn't like it then) and the milk seperately measured out in a milk dispenser. This way when Jake wants a bottle I just add the formula to the bottles. This just saves taking lots of made up bottles with you that have to be thrown away after a couple of hours if they don't get used.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back