Travel system or seperates?

KirstyD

Reaction score
Hi all,

Just wondering what people's opinions are on getting a travel system vs getting a seperate pushchair and car seat that don't fit together.

Is a travel system a can't live without, or overated?

Thanks!

Depends on the travel system. I got a Graco one and hated it. It has barely seen daylight since she was 12 weeks old. All we use now is the car seat. It was far too bulky both when folded and for when out and about. I got a M&P buggy with full recline and it's fab and been in use since then.

im not a fan of them to be honest but only because i dont like the idea of a baby being in a car seat while driving and then staying in it while going out shoppin etc i prefer young babies to be laid flat so would take it our the seat and put it in a pram anyway. Not that the system itself i wouldnt have but wouldnt use the seat on the pram chassis and would just use the car seat as a car seat.
Am i making sence or gabbling :think: :oops:

I got a Graco one but i tested it in the shop first. It is so incredibly light and folds really flat. I don't use it that often anymore as a travel system as she's getting too heavy for me to heave the car seat out the car but when she was tiny it was a godsend. I never had to disturb her when going out and especially shopping. I could do all my shopping without having to wake her.

But once i got an actual pram i used it more. But that one is so heavy.

I love mine if im getting a taxi or a lift off someone because I can then just put the carseat onto the pushchair. I like it if im just going out for a short time aswell. I also like it if I have to use the bus because he is safe in his carseat while im carrying the pushchair on and paying the driver instead of having to hold him in my arms and make sure his head is suported while im trying to do it.

If im going out for a long time though I use the pushchair part that reclines fully :)

Rachel said:
I love mine if im getting a taxi or a lift off someone because I can then just put the carseat onto the pushchair. I like it if im just going out for a short time aswell. I also like it if I have to use the bus because he is safe in his carseat while im carrying the pushchair on and paying the driver instead of having to hold him in my arms and make sure his head is suported while im trying to do it.

If im going out for a long time though I use the pushchair part that reclines fully :)
good point hun i have never thought of it from public transport side of things :D

We got a separate pram/pushchair from our car seat.

Got the Jane Slalom Pro pushchair and a Britax car seat from 0-4 (suitable frmo birth). Worked really well for us. I never wanted an infant carrier as I don't like using them in the pushchair. We wanted a permanently fitted car seat.

Depends what your needs are really.

i only had a travel system so nothing to compare it to. but i found it fab, its good if baby falls asleep in the car and u dont wanna wake LO up by switching from carseat to pram, u can just pick up the carseat and connect it to the pram.

I prefer prams! I have got a Loola chassis and the creatisfix car seat this time for short journeys with Joe but if Im going to be out walking around ashopping etc then she will go in the pram that i got her!!
Buses etc arent a worry here as they are all made for prams and wheelchairs so I think that probably does make a difference! If I had to get a bus and had to fold down the pram I would prefer her to be in the car seat! lol I make no sense do I? I just waffle on lol

I think it very much depends on your lifestyle. We had separates, with a car seat which fitted into a base in the car (would definatly recommend, otherwise you need to fit the car seat everytime you move it and there is always a chance you won't get it right), and a carrycot pram.
I never had to carry the car seat far though, and after a couple of months she was too heavy to carry both baby and seat. I would use a sling then. Where I live I can walk pretty much everywhere I need to go, so the car was very little used. I do worry though that travel systems can encourage you to leave a baby in the car seat for too long. They are not supposed to be in it for more than an hour or so because thay are not flat, but if you have a journey, then attach it to the travel system, and then back into the car, they could easily be in it for a long time.
Its such a mine field though the selection you get!

I too have a britax 0-4 car seat and a separate pram, i find it works fine for us and baby stays asleep when we move her between them,

I got the century travel system from argos when it was on sale at just £79.99 and that was for the car seat, buggy, raincover, changing bag, and footmuff oh and a bag for the buggy. I loved it well still use the buggy now. When LO was born we did have a seperate car seat and pushchair but i thought it was a pain as you had to take the baby out of the seat to put in the pushchair and it would disturb her. travel system was great especially if it was raining you just take the car seat out of the car and clip it straight onto the pushchair, i found it worth its weight in gold.

I had to do mine as cheap as possible as mum was buying. So travel system worked out cheapest. Plus we have issues with the seat belts going round the car seat so needed a base. So there was no fiddling getting the belt round. Just clip in and out.

Brought a travel system and thought it was the dog bollox untill I started going out more and the pushchair is a very bulky fold etc, I wish we had brought seperates TBH I will be next time :)

I brought a Silver Cross Linear Freeway, so car seat, pram to buggy, frame and bag - i've found it fab a has meet my needs, if it folded smaller it would be nice but not a problem!

We have a travel system, makes it very simple to leave her in the car seat if we wont be long (it reclines, not flat but definitely doesn't remain upright).

I like it a lot, and would choose it again if I had my chance again. I can imagine people having issues with space as it doesn't fold up too small as pram or pushchair, but I have an estate car, MIL has a Discovery so we've both got more than enough space. DH has an Elise, so nothing's ever gonna go in there! lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back