Travel sick

Shola

Reaction score
Hi girls,

Does anybody know if its safe to take any travel sick tablets whilst pregnant? I'm due to go to London in a couple of weeks & the thought of a 3 hour train journey is filling me with absolute dread as I get travel sickness really bad. Me and oh are also hoping to go on holiday but this is really putting me off.

I asked my pharmacist & he said no & was really unhelpful!!

I dont know about pills but lots of ladies use those accupressure wrist bands in tri 1 , there supposed to be good

GPs prescribe avonmine for morning sickness which is a travel sickness pill from over the counter. I don't think they can be 100% sure it's safe as nothing is tested on pregnant ladies but I guess you'd only be taking one or two

Shola, pharmacists are not allowed to sell anything legally for pregnant ladies as they are not licenced in pregnancy to be brought over the counter. But they are licenced on prescription. And there are plenty of things that are actually safe :)

Xx

I used to use peppermint oil too... Just put some on a handky and sniff it. :) I get really bad travel sickness and thats what I do. :)

xxx

Thanks ladies, I wore the wrist bands during morning sickness but they didn't really work for me. May work for travel sickness though.

Kayley, thanks for the peppermint oil tip...never heard of that one, will have to try it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back