travel cots

confuzed 88

Reaction score
hi ladies, hope your all well :)
i need some advice

me n hubby are thinking of getting a travel cot, so when we go over to my inlaws the baby has somewhere to sleep. but also when we go to my parents the baby has somewhere to sleep once we move out. Now im not sure with what to do as
i am staying with my parents till after the baby is born, we will be here for abt 2months before moving into our own place. we were thinking if we get a travel cot the baby can sleep in that till we move out to our own place rather than buying a crib/moses basket that will be useless to us after we move out as we already have a big cot for him.

now:-
isit ok for a baby to sleep in that for 2months?? this is the travel cot we're thinking of getting

http://www.toysrus.co.uk/Babies-R-U...assinet-with-Napper-in-Infinity-Grey(0073998)

please help as me n and oh are totally confuzzled with what to do.

i have a travel cot. partly for staying elsewhere but partly as a playpen. i know i can put him in there when im busy cooking or something.

cant help you with any advice as such though im afraid. xxx

I think it will be ok as long as you have a good mattress for it... most babies sleep in moses basket to start and the mattresses are pretty thin !

I think a travel cot for a newborn wud be inconvinant to you because you will be bending right down to pick baby up and you might hav a bad back after the pushing for a little bit as it can strain you, not to mention if you hav a c-section (I hope you dnt have to!) So maybe a cheap moses basket for a month or two? Xx

I think a travel cot for a newborn wud be inconvinant to you because you will be bending right down to pick baby up and you might hav a bad back after the pushing for a little bit as it can strain you, not to mention if you hav a c-section (I hope you dnt have to!) So maybe a cheap moses basket for a month or two? Xx

I agree,get a Moses basket I picked one up off eBay for £9 with a stand. I had a section and would have struggled, it's a long way down and up with a baby. They are also pretty big.

Emma x

We have this travel cot too, we have a moses basket for at first and the plan is to use this for overnight trips. I have no experience coz we haven't got a baby to put in it yet but one of the reasons we got this one is coz it has the bassinet part which is higher up for the baby to sleep in so u don't have to bend down at first, then it can be removed when baby is bigger. It says suitable for newborns but hopefully someone else can advise if u need a better mattress or something if u plan on using it for 2months? I'd also like to know as I'm in a similar situation with staying with parents for first few months and could be handy space wise if baby hates the Moses basket!

Just read this back, and it's a pretty pointless reply sorry! Haha sorryxxx

We mover house when Joseph was 3 weeks old & hadn't done the nursery or bought much as we knew we'd have it all to move with us. I didn't have a c-section so was lucky, but Joseph was in a travel cot for 3 months. As the mattress you get with them is hard it can cause flat head syndrome (makes back of head flat), so my advice would be to buy a decent mattress to go inside the travel cot (make sure you buy one that fits correctly too).
Moses baskets are a great idea for avoiding bending into the cot too far & can be bought for a decent price second hand, but again buy a new mattress for it.

Sunnyb xxx

me personally would use travel cot for newborn but every1s different cant u not get moses basket just take with u u the baby should bw in that for up 6 months anyway so u would get ur use out of it and they aint that dear x

I think it will be ok if you buy a decent matress for it. but i would worry about bending down to reach the baby as they are very low.

When i had my dd she was in her moses basket for about 4 months and when i went to my inlaws we took the moses basket with us untill she had outgrown it and then i got a travel cot when i moved her to a big cot. I will probably do the same this time

see with this travel cot it has a raised bit if u have a look at the pics so I should be orite, I will defo b getting a mattress x

Hey,
My Lo still uses his mosses basket hes 14wks old, he loves it. When he stays at my mums (he has done twice) i just take the mosses basket over. He sleeps in his cot at night and has his day time naps in the mosses. I do have a travel cot but haven't needed to use it yet xxxxxxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back