Training cups

OopsyDaisy

Reaction score
I'm trying to get my LO to drink water/juice from a training cup, but she's having none of it. I've tried using a free-flow cup, a sippy cup and a Doidy cup but she just starts biting the spout/rim as if its a teat from a bottle and then gets frustrated. How did you ladies get your LO onto training cups?

i am going to try this soon too because i left it until my dd1 was about 9 months and it took her ages to get used to it and was harder to give up the bottles. i am going to offer her her juice after every meal in a cup until she get sused to it then you can change the milk into the cups too, from past experience it does take a while especially if they havent really learnt the swalling and chewing motion yet and still use there tongue but it will happen in time. my dd1 took to the sports cups easier but i think thats because i left it too late.

xxx

the cheaper the better for alice! the hard plastic ones are the best for her.

also, she has one with her name on it. its got a straw thing in the top and she drinks from that quite well.

I will take a pic later, and post it - im naff at explaining.

alice also took to drinking from straws quite well - but if we are out, then i tend to let her drink from my glass (i keep one hand on top so she doesn't pour it back to far!!).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back