Totally fed up :-(

Dinky

Reaction score
It's not often that I will do a moany post but I need to talk. My SIL and niece are currently living with us through no fault of her own. Her tenants are refusing to move out of her house and we can't see her pleading homeless, it's cruel. She has been here since the end of Feb (ish) and mentioned that because of court proceedings etc if could be another 3 months max. This means that I can in no way even begin to think about my LO's room as she is in our spare room :-( Anyway, this isn't the major issue.....

The issue is her new nickname for me...........FATTY!!! It's constant, 'hey fatty', 'alright fasto' etc etc...Now im a natural size 16-18 anyway before pregnancy and words like that are hurtful! I have spoken to my OH who said he will talk to her if I want but I'm not sure as I don't want her to feel awkward around me or anything........Do I just ignore it? Should I take it as a compliment to looking pregnant? I'm so confused!!!

Amy xx

Oh dear :(
How about you just tell her that you dont like it in a non critical tone ifykwim.
I don't see why she would be upset.
Probably is only a playful way to compliment your bump :)
Just tell her to stop without making a big deal out of it ( just casually in a discussion. Not to sit her down and explain why you don't like it )

Idont know why people think its acceptable to say this! I've been gettig it in work quite a bit and I don't understand it! I'm a 10-12 normally ... Probably a 14 since falling pregnant but I'm very weight conscious and always have been all my life

I think you should let your oh speak to her she needs to know it offends you. Or next time she says it you can just say 'that's not very nice' or words to that effect

Please excuse any typos from my fat fingers!
Tapatalk madness!

I would have to say " at least I've got an excuse :) " Xx

Sent from my HTC Wildfire S A510e using Tapatalk 2

I would call her something back (i.e. hobo - seeing as she is "homeless") and when she comments on how mean it was, I would just say "oh...I didn't think we were considering feelings in this house......."

Might make her think twice before name-calling again

Last edited:
I would call her something back (i.e. hobo - seeing as she is "homeless") and when she comments on how mean it was, I would just say "oh...I didn't think we were considering feelings in this house......."

Might make her think twice before name-calling again[/QUOTE

To the point and funny. Brilliant :) xx

hey, i get it off a couple of people who are only doing it because of bump, before pregnancy i wasnt thrilled by my figure but it wasnt too bad, (i was a 12 but with lumpy bits) but i managed to hide them well, but my bump MY GOODNESS :shock: is literally huge for how far im, i'm literally really close to the size of my sis who is 9w ahead of me! lol. It doesnt bother me too much but i can see why it would bother anyone. I just hope when people say it to me they are referring to the bump and not the lumpy bits ;) lol x x

Last edited:
It's not often that I will do a moany post but I need to talk. My SIL and niece are currently living with us through no fault of her own. Her tenants are refusing to move out of her house and we can't see her pleading homeless, it's cruel. She has been here since the end of Feb (ish) and mentioned that because of court proceedings etc if could be another 3 months max. This means that I can in no way even begin to think about my LO's room as she is in our spare room :-( Anyway, this isn't the major issue.....

The issue is her new nickname for me...........FATTY!!! It's constant, 'hey fatty', 'alright fasto' etc etc...Now im a natural size 16-18 anyway before pregnancy and words like that are hurtful! I have spoken to my OH who said he will talk to her if I want but I'm not sure as I don't want her to feel awkward around me or anything........Do I just ignore it? Should I take it as a compliment to looking pregnant? I'm so confused!!!

Amy xx

Lol - I don't mean to laugh, not in a horrible way.. But only because I get this ALL the time..

FIL's name for me "Fatty"
MIL's name for me "Podge"
OH's name for me "Chunky" "Porky" "Chubbs"....

I just laugh it off! With OH I just say, "well you made me this way so deal with it!"

I wouldn't take any notice babe, take it as a compliment to your bump :).
Us pregnant women are allowed a belly cause we're growing a little important human being :D. They aren't ;) xxx

Just tell her straight.

I can't believe she'd all you this - even in jest!!

Next time she says it say "look hun, I am feeling really sensitive about my weight at the moment so can I have a new nickname"

I am sure she doesn't realise she is causing offence.

I've know my S-I-L for 15 years, I consider her a friend but I could never imagine her saying something like that to me? :shock:

xxxxxxxxxx

Last edited:
Why do people feel the need to say stuff like that to pregnant women?!
My dad calls me fatso or fatty quite regularly and it really annoys me. And everytime I see him he points at my bump in shock as if he wasn't expecting to see it lol.
I know he doesn't mean to annoy me though.

I'd say something to ur SIL, tell her to stop. I love the 'hobo' idea lol x

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

Aww I know how you feel lovely!
My dad + OH find it funny to call me anything other than my actual name! 'Fatty', 'Chubbs', 'Porky'.. The list goes on!
My OH's favourites are 'baby elephant' + 'big mama' LOL!
It doesn't bother me in the slightest because I know they're only joking around, it's just what their like.. But, if like you, I wasn't comfortable being spoken to like that, I'd tell them straight..

xx

The last time my mum said Hello Fatty to me I replied with 'i'm growing a human inside me what were you expecting a size 10 model'

Shut her up pretty damned quick too and she hasn't said it since :)

xxxx

People call my house "big mama's house'' :rofl:
If she is meaning it to hurt your feelings then tell her to piss off if not just try and let it go over your head. People who aren't pregnant tend not to realise what they've done xx

tapatalking!!!

I get this all the time and work and just reply with a likewise comment, if they say 'alright chunk?' I usually reply with 'alright fatty?' Soon shuts them up!! :)

Sent from my HTC Desire S using Tapatalk 2

Cheeky bugger......hobo made me giggle too!

My oh made my bum cheek wobble earlier when I walked past. I nearly took his face off. He tried to get out of it by saying he liked it.....liar! See right through him.

Just tell her....I certainly wouldn't worry about making her feel uncomfortable in YOUR home. Xx

OH called me tub tonight when we were eating dinner. I nearly stuck my fork in his eye xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back