Total Paranoia

Shaz

Reaction score
Ok so I'm the first to admit I'm a worry-wort. Nearly 16 weeks pregnant now and is it just me, but between scans and midwife visits when you get to hear the heartbeat, I get totally paranoid the baby isn't there anymore!

I've had no pain, no bleeding, getting all the right "stretching pains", tummy sticking out more and more. Still EXHAUSTED, boobs sore then itchy, then sore again. Eating pratically non-stop, but can't face a big meal.........

Does sound like I'm a still pregnant doesn't it ladies???

I'm in that horrible in between stage where I've seen the 12 week can, I had a check up last week and heard the heartbeat, next MW appointment is three weeks away and 20 week scan feels like it's never going to come!!!

Tell me baby is OK down there!!

PS - OH says it's because I'm so used to being in control and this is the one thing I can't control.....trouble is he's probably right!!!!

Shaz.....that could easily have been me posting the same thing weeks ago!! lol

I was just the same, like you said its so hard because you have had your scan, heartbeat etc but can feel no movement yet and it is worrying!! Its one of those inbetween stages, im sure all is fine and I bet many women have the same worries at that stage, I was a nightmare!

Im used to being in control as well lol, so when your body takes over its like 'whoa, not used to this, whats going on'.

Im almost certain that baby is fine, its prob having a whale of a time :hug:

I know you're probably right Jaidy.

I've got one of those Angel Heat Monitors but I can't find the heartbeat yet....LozziJane has one but she's a couple of weeks ahead of me so I think my baby is still too small.

I think I can hear it moving around, but that could just be digestive noises!!

Pretty sure I heard the baby burp the other night - which means it takes after his father!!!

Thats a good machine, but at 16 weeks (when I got mine) I struggled to find heartbeat too. I think its because the machine just isnt sensitive enough to pick it quite yet, give it a week or so and you will get it I promise. Also I recommend using the Eko-Gel that they supply for it, its designed especially for the machine so is better at transmitting the sounds than another lubricant like KY Gel for example.

Where abouts in Dorset are you? I cover that area as part of my job

Shaz what you are feeling is totally normal. Here is my post when I was going through a similar thing. You'll start feeling regular movement soon and then you will feel a bit better (until LO has a quiet day :lol: 9

http://www.pregnancyforum.co.uk/forum/v ... php?t=9560

Youll have your scan soon, how exciting are you findng out the sex?

Thanks Skatty - I know it's just paranoia. When I look at myself nude I can definitely see that I'm pregnant (I'm happily usually quite slim so it shows up quite a lot with me).

Like you said until I start feeling movement then it doesn't seem real.

I've had a few little funny feelings down below, but whenever I have heard the baby's heatbeat (at the hospital or MW) they always find it down really really low.

I cant find it at all with my ebay Angel Heart Monitor - maybe 15 weeks is too early???

Thanks anyway - I'll still worry but at least I know I'm not going mad.

Oh sweetie I am so glad I am not alone feeling like this!! I posted last week, I am so frightened at the mo. Been happy and positive so far, I am having the most perfect pregnancy but I am so frightened the baby has gone! Had a scan at 8 weeks and 12 weeks, and heard the heart beat at 16 weeks but I am just so scared. I keep crying and not sleeping well.
My sister is 21 weeks now and she is massive, I hardly have a bump, and she can feel the baby all the time. I have felt the occasional flutter but I keep thinking I am imagining it!!

I am sure in a few weeks we will look back and laff at being so worried???? :hug: :hug: :hug:

Got my 20 week scan in 11 sleeps time, whens yours??? xxx

Shaz said:
Ok so I'm the first to admit I'm a worry-wort. Nearly 16 weeks pregnant now and is it just me, but between scans and midwife visits when you get to hear the heartbeat, I get totally paranoid the baby isn't there anymore!

I've had no pain, no bleeding, getting all the right "stretching pains", tummy sticking out more and more. Still EXHAUSTED, boobs sore then itchy, then sore again. Eating pratically non-stop, but can't face a big meal.........

Does sound like I'm a still pregnant doesn't it ladies???

I'm in that horrible in between stage where I've seen the 12 week can, I had a check up last week and heard the heartbeat, next MW appointment is three weeks away and 20 week scan feels like it's never going to come!!!

Tell me baby is OK down there!!

PS - OH says it's because I'm so used to being in control and this is the one thing I can't control.....trouble is he's probably right!!!!

i had to smile when reading your post Shaz. Its like ive written it. I think we all go through that phase of worrying and even when you get to my stage you still look forward to the midwifeappointlemts so you can be assured of the heartbeat.
theres nothing i can do but say what you're feeling IS totally normal. You're not paranoid. I think once you start feeling kicks you'll feel loads better. :hug: :hug:

Listen to auntie Budge, she is a wealth of advice and knowledge! :hug:

budge is right, can you remember how i was budge at that stage, never ending woory and questions but trust me it does get better:)

i do remember you littlelady :hug: bless you you were such a worry pot.

I FOUND THE HEARTBEAT!!

Friday night - led on the bed while OH was reading and was just moaning about how I'd spent £30 on this Angel Heart Monitor and it obviously didn't work when suddenly there it was.........

About 1 inch below my belly button (I'd been fishing a lot lower than that)....beating away 20 to the dozen.

Was sooooo excited! So checked again on Sunday just to make sure I hadn't mistaken and there it was again - a lot lower.....baby is moving around!!! Just can't feel it yet.

Also - I have NO BUMP. I'm getting Bump Envy!. In fact I look slimmer now than I did at 10 weeks.................

Congrats on finding the heartbeat, I knew you would get there eventually!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshatflare
Back