Toothache

russellmuscle

Reaction score
Hi girls..

Hoping someone knows the drill here (no pun intended)..

Before getting pregnant I had a couple fillings, root canal and a crown. Everything was fine to go. Been good with my teeth and have stopped coke since christmas.

The two teeth I got my fillings in are super sensitive and sore.

Not sure if I make an appointment for the desntist what they can do at this stage? Ie fillings, root canal etc require anesthetic.

I really hate them and have had just about enough but obviously I cant have this pain.

So what do they do for pregnant ladies, is the mouth anesthetic ok?

xxxx

I had some dental work done when I was pregnant with my son, they used anaesthetic no problem but refused to do any xrays. They also used Mercury free fillings. You might actually find that they won't do anything at all though, sometimes it can take months for new fillings to settle down and lose sensitivity. Are you using sensodyne? I've found that helps. You poor thing, toothache is a misery :( x

Yes definitely try sensodyne. The dentist will often recommend after having work done as it really helps. Xxx

Im using oral b and colgate sensitive alternately.

I used the sensitive last night before bed and it helped. Its gone today.

I think it was an apple that set it off.

I hate toothache. Earache or a migraine. So, just missing the earache :lol:

The lady at me dentist said that there was more mercury in a fish supper than from the xray but I know they dont do xrays for pregnant people, I had all new xrays done a few month ago.

Your teeth are more prone to decay in pregnancy so I am best to go, whether they do something we will see.

Thanks girls.

xxxx

Ask for numbing mouthwash and to check if there's nothing stuck between your gums n teeth. I have proper holes and only when having a cold it kills or when food bits get stuck and put pressure on x

If your're using Sensodyne, apply it directly to the tooth and surrounding area after brushing/flossing and leave it, don't rinse it out.

Treatment is fine at the dentist but they definitely won't take any XRAYs, so if you feel the problem is resolving itself with regular Sensodyne use and good oral care, leave it until baby is born!

D x

Its Colgate sensitive pro relief Im using but imagine it is the same idea.

Tbf, as I said I have had a whole load of xrays just before pregnancy, so doubt I would even need them again.

The main question was the anesthetic. If its still fine or safe for me to get that then my issues can be resolved should regular brushing not work which it isnt :p

I brush my teeth thrice daily, its only now the sensitive has started so imagine itll be the hormones as well running my teeth into the ground, it happened last time when I was pregnant with Jackson.

It is completely fine today, so won't phone but its good to know your options. I don't fancy leaving a tooth unattended or a hole in for over a year, because I doubt Ill have time once baby is here for a few months at least and god knows if left what it could end up doing to my other teeth or mouth.

I had my fillings in early January, they settled down fine, and for some reason have kicked off again. Ill try the numbing mouth wash, I've got that from my root canal.

Thanks as ever girlies.

xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back