too much sleep?!

charlotte_

Reaction score
before i hit this part of my pregnancy my body naturally woke me up at about 10am, irrelevant of what time i went to bed, although it's usually about 12/1am. the past few days i've been going to bed at the usual time, but not waking up until somebody wakes me, my mum's just come into my room at 1.50pm and asked me why i'm still in bed? :lol:
and even though i've had all that sleep, i'm still tired! i could go back to bed!

is this normal? or does it sound like something's up?
on the positive though: 34 WEEKS TODAYYY!

Oh I envy you, my little girl normally wakes me up at about 6am, how I would love a good long lie in.

I remember when I was carrying my DD towards the end I was getting up at about 10am and then napping over the afternoon period for a few hours. I wouldn't worry. You body is probably just trying to store up all the sleep your going to loose once your little man arrives.

:hug:

Wow, I'm so jealous! I'm lucky if I manage 6 hours a night at the moment, everything gets so sore in bed I put off going until about 1 then after waking every half hour, give up and get up at about 7 :lol: Would do anything to sleep for more than an hour at a time but guess it's good training for little one's arrival!

Enjoy your sleep while you can hun! I'm sure there is nothing up, although lack of iron can make you sleepier than normal. Have you had your blood checked lately?

S x

Have you had your iron levels checked recently?! If everything is coming back fine then I would say your body just needs the sleep! :D
I wish I got more too! Having crap nights sleep every night! :wall:

Edit just realised I wrote the same as Peanut :lol:

yeah, had it done the midwife meeting before last. all through my pregnancy every midwife i've seen have told me my iron levels have been really good, so i don't think it could be that!
i feel lucky that i'm not up every five minutes, i read all you ladies tlaking about how you're up all the time cause you're uncomfy & needing the loo, but i'm fine!

i used to be like this and i was told its beacause i was sleeping to much my body was getting used to it and expecting it all the time. This was while i was at college though cant sleep that long now i get really bad heads if i sleep to long.

OH how i would love to sleep.. i am soooo jelious!!!! Ive not had a nights sleep for months!

i go to bed before 10pm, and always am awake before 7am,

make my OH's dinner for work, iron his top then take him to work lol..

i love mothering him... gettin practise in, he laughs at me, i wont let him do it.. i like too (sure that wont last long lol)

charlotte i wish i could sleep till past 1pm hehe, enjoy it xxxxx

Gosh, i'm exactly the same. I can sleep for the world. And isnt it wierd, the more you sleep the more tierd you feel. Half an hour after i wake up I feel like snuggling up into bed again (but i dont). I'm always waking up post 12 o clock. i make the most of it especially when i havent had a good nights sleep. :sleep: :sleep: :sleep:

I tend to have a really broken night's sleep and as soon as OH has gone to work, I sleep like a log. It's a King Size bed so it's not his fault for taking up the room, I think it's just soooo much nicer to know you've had a lie in. Got rudely awoken at 11.22am though when my sister-in-law dropped in... she was horrified at my laziness!!

My best mate's JUST had a baby girl... Elizabeth Fern, 7lb 14 :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back