newly expecting first baby, any tips?

katali69

Reaction score
hey there everyone, i'm expecting my first child, i think i'm about 6 weeks or thereabouts, i've had a couple of days off work this week as i feel really out of it, very tired and sick which i know is one of the lovely joys, but has anyone got any tips on what made them feel better? anything they ate etc.? let me know!
went to the docs yesterday what a waste of time, they are bloody useless explained i was experiencing some cramping which she said was "very unusual" although i have read a lot of you ladies are suffereing from this aswell, and seems as if it quite normal .She made me very angry and i'm still reeling from it now, i'm only 21 and this pregnancy came as a bit of a shock although i'm in a loving relationship with the father and now am very excited. I don't feel the doctor gave me any support she didn't ask me how i felt i had to tell her and her only suggestion was to rest and lie flat on my back! so has anyone got any ideas?

whata load of crap telling you to rest on your back!!!

i would suggest making yourself busy - go back to work and act as normal. Taking your mind off the sickness etc is the best thing.

Congratulations! :cheer: :hug:

Quite a lot of people (me included) have found the midwife or doctors to be pretty unhelpful at the beginning, try not to get yourself too worked up about it, just go with the flow. I went and paod for a private scan in the end so I could feel more pregnant!

Get enough sleep is my best advice, I found that in weeks 6-9 I was so tired and suffering quite bad with sickness so i just popped myself off to bed early. Your body is making a little person so you will feel a bit out of sorts :D

i find sucking or chewing some hard boiled sweets has really helped my sickness

HI clare.. :wave: ..Congrats on your pregnancy.. :dance: .What a load of clack you have been given. :fib: .Kepp your self busy but do take short breaks..Your body is working over time at the moment and i know how tiring it can get.. :cry: .....As for the morning sickness i always found a cup of sweet tea and a couple of gingerbread buscuits can help...I have been told that we get sick coz of high hormone levels and our sugar levels are slightly off balance.....give it a go it might help......justine :hug: :rotfl: :clap:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back