Too cheesy?

prettypenguin

Reaction score
My OH and I are really really struggling with names for our baby boy who is due to arrive in 3 weeks, we have had names in the past that we've liked but then gone off them. We seem to be disagreeing on every name we pick. I like old names that you don't really hear anymore, I liked Harry until everyone in my town seemed to be calling their kids Harry. My OH likes names that are really unusual, his favourite is Troy and he also likes Chase, however I think they sound daft, especially Troy as he has to go to school with that name.

The one we were thinking about last night was Edward, but I think it sounds too old for a baby...I know they're not babies for long but I cant imagine calling a baby Edward, plus it reminds me of Twilight and my uncle is called Eddie.

Anyway, more to the point some people have suggested Lincoln as that was where he was conceived as my OH was still at university there and I also used to live there with him...I'm quite indifferent on the name, I don't love it and I don't hate it, but I have the same issue that I think it sounds too old for a baby and what would the nicknames be? (I can only think of Linc) but has anyone else named their baby after the place they were conceived or does anybody think it's really cheesy? I'm in two minds about it xxx

Also, if anyone has any name suggestions that would be great, surname is Green :)

I don't think its cheesy at all hun! I actually think its a lovely idea and a fab name! I really like Lincoln :) x

x

Last edited:
Im loving Lincoln...nicknames are Lin (I used to work with a bloke called Lynn)...Col, Coln
not sure if thats helped

Oooh Lincoln Green sounds lovely, also I really love the name Troy - used to work with one, and he was great. I'm from the unusal name camp I'm afraid and then thought of there being more than a couple of the same name kids at school makes me worry. (Can't believe my first son Rhys, I thought that was unusual at the time!! ooops).

My youngest son is called Devon, (actually after the boss out of Knight Rider TV show, the old, original series - as I'm 38!) The first question people ask - which can get a bit annoying is , is that where he was concieved!!. It probably wouldn't be annoying tho if he was , I guess.

if my lo is a girl one of her middle names will be after the place we were when we discovered i was pg!

love lincoln!

Aww thank you guys :) I'm not so paranoid now, hopefully he will look like a Lincoln when he gets here :) xx

Link is a mega cool nickname, he's the hero from Zelda!

I love Chase! When i suggested this my sister just said "you do realise you're having a baby and not a dog!"

Lincoln is cool too...but i'm a massive Prison break fan (or was) and this is what i think about everytime i hear it!

Edward is very adaptable- eddie (for baby-childhood) Ed (teenage years) edward (adult)

I knew a Lincoln who is now an up and coming singer/rapper, he calls himself Linc and he's pretty cool! He has the best name out of all his siblings Lincoln, Denver, Troy (sorry not a fan), Amethyst?! & Jazz (a boy!) x

I've just read a book where the main guy was called Lincoln and it's MASSIVELY grew on me, I liked it before but LOVE it now!

I love Lincoln! Makes me think of Prison Break too! x

I don't think calling baby after a place is cheesy....although can't imagine calling my baby Hallway Carpet :lol: xxxxxxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back