Tongue Tied

*saulino*

Reaction score
Hello

Just got back form the docs and they said Kiara is tongue tied, which means the hangy thing on the bottom of our tongues is makin her tongue too short, so they have to cut it to make her tongue longer or else she wont be able to eat or talk proper.
It is done aorund 6-8 months when she starts eating solid foods, and has to be put to sleep , its gonna be hard to do this. Has any one had their baby put to sleep so young or had this problem???
This is also why she is not latching properly and get sso frustrated when trying to feed off my right breast.
Well talk to you all soon.
katrinaxxx

Coby has a tongue tie, so do i.

the docs in the hospital said that it wouldnt bother him tho and that he could feed and speak normaly, i know it has never been a problem for me either.

they dont cut them anymore here, they used to tho.

hello

Thats wierd they both have it i hear its rare, i ownder why they do it here still then? hmm makes me wonder?
Thanks Layla Katrina

I have worked with two women in the last year whose babies have had their tongue ties cut at only a few weeks old as then they can carry on breastfeeding etc. That's probably why Coby makes you so sore Layla, tongue tie babies are real munchers!!

I can't believe they don't do it anymore as its so quick and painless.

ah yeah that might explain why he sucked so hard.

hes doing well on the bottles now tho, hes taking 3 to 4oz every 3 to 4 hours.

im not sure if they have stopped cutting them everywehre, but they defo dont do it here, the doc guy in teh hosptial said it wont affect him so they leave it now.

Good, glad he is doing well now, you must feel much better too!!

Shame they don't do it where you are, its a very common complaint, about 1 in 10 babies are tongue tied and most of them can't breastfeed successfully so you'd think they would do it just for that reason really wouldn't you?

Never mind - love to you both!!

my boobs are still a bit sore, but im hoping hat will settle down soon.

oo thanks for the e card by the way :D

xxx

Hey

I'm tongue tied and so is my baby Isaac. I told them at the hospital that I am tongue tied so they checked Isaac and said that it wouldn't effect him as its not as bad as mine. I just have trouble pronouncing certain words so have never considered having mine cut.

Don't like the tought of Isaac having his cut but i'm going to bring it up at his 8 weeks check up.

I'll post what they say.

Lou :)

Hello

Well thats why Kiara is having trouble feeding and im so sore but they wont dothe surgery till she starts on solids, dont know why??
Well see what the nurse says today i guess?
Katrina

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back