Tongue tie.. Images, Lilyanna, Elyssa and Me!

Jayceesmumma

Reaction score
I'm getting Lily's tongue cut tonight as most of you know.. Thought id upload some images so you can see what it looks like.. Numerous sources say a tongue tie further back (like ours) is much worse as its tighter, than one that starts from the tip of the tongue..
Hard to get one of lily but this is the best I could do lol! Had to wait til she started crying (by herself I didn't pinch her for a pic lol!!) before I could get a pic..

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1329149473.197827.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1329149473.197827.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 79
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1329149486.885259.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1329149486.885259.jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 72
Ellie..

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1329149566.934294.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1329149566.934294.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 42
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1329149580.573738.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1329149580.573738.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 43
Me! Luckily mine has stretched as an adult and I can poke my tongue out at the girls now haha!! My sister had it from the tip and couldn't get her tongue out her mouth.. She needed hers cut as an adult as it was pulling her gums back.. The healing time is much longer!! About ten days and it's painful to eat etc like having it pierced.. Lily will be able to feed immediately! May take 24hrs to get used to it mw said..

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1329149601.412209.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1329149601.412209.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 32
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1329149610.247499.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1329149610.247499.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 35
Alot of people haven't!! So many babies can't feed coz of it and it's mistaken for other problems! That's why my mum couldn't bf me and my sister, it wasn't well known then.. It's getting quite common now! My step sisters boy has it too he's getting his done in a month (4weeks older than lily) and she had to stop bf him..
People need to be more aware of it, that's why I've put our pics up.. I was sure Ellie's feeding wasn't because of this coz it wasnt that bad appearance wise but having read up on it it's worse!

Is it hereditary then? My friend and her baby boy both have it too, he's ff as she can't bf for other reasons so it's not been a problem for him so far.

I'm not sure tbh.. My step sister is no relation to us, and their family never heard of tongue tie til me and my sis.. I'm not sure what causes it.. I remember the first thing I said when Jaycee was born was is she tongue tied lol!! It's not caused any speech probs for Ellie, she's always fed well from a bottle with a clicking sound lol lily does that on me too! It can cause colic etc too which may be why Ellie had gastric reflux.. Also probs weaning which might be why she was a fussy eater.. Don't know what caused it all but it's possible it could have been her tongue tie!

Oz was tongue-tie, was a nightmare to get BF established because of it. But the breast feeding support team here had me referred to a different hospital that he was born in and it was sorted within 7 days of birth. The hospital he was born in sent me a referral to have it sorted with them when he was 3 months old... wtf?!

I am Tongue tied it doesn't cause me any problems but I do wish my mum would have got it sorted when I was a baby x

My friends 3 boys are all tongue tie her littlely has had it cut twice but it keeps coming back its so bad he can't even take a bottle so he is going to be having surgery. Good luck tonight xx

Sent from my BlackBerry 9300 using Tapatalk

Caitlin's is like that but she has no problems breastfeeding, but won't take a bottle or dummy

Charley was tongue tied but it's never caused problems luckily x.

Oz was tongue-tie, was a nightmare to get BF established because of it. But the breast feeding support team here had me referred to a different hospital that he was born in and it was sorted within 7 days of birth. The hospital he was born in sent me a referral to have it sorted with them when he was 3 months old... wtf?!

Whys that?? Y did they take 3months??

My friends 3 boys are all tongue tie her littlely has had it cut twice but it keeps coming back its so bad he can't even take a bottle so he is going to be having surgery. Good luck tonight xx

Sent from my BlackBerry 9300 using Tapatalk

Bless him poor thing :( I'm so nervous it's unreal!!!

Chloe was born with it, luckily the mw in hospital noticed it and they cut it the day after she was born! Better that way as no hassle and didn't seem to hurt her at all. My mum had it, and I had it. My dentist cut mine when I was about 10ish and it didn't hurt too badly. I felt so much better afterwards and I had never noticed how much it had affected me (speech etc.) I hope your wee one gets on okay xxx

She was fine!! Talked it all through with the mw and she reassured me it was the best thing to do for her.. It was an 80% tie!
We swaddled her in her blanket and I held her head gently still, she put her fingers under her tongue and she giggled at her! Snipped it quickly and it bled a little, she cried less than her jabs and even then didn't cry alot! Put her dummy in and she shut her eyes to sleep! Was a bit unsettled a few mins after and has been playing with her tongue in her mouth lol! Fed her and it felt so weird lol! She's got stronger as she sucked over the top of my areola and got my skin and it hurt lol!! It's amazing the difference!!
So glad we went through with it!!
After pic..

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1329168566.657394.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1329168566.657394.jpg
    22.4 KB · Views: 22
So glad you feel happy about it! Sounds like that was her problem. You will need to update us now how the next few weeks go x

The difference is amazing !!! Glad she was ok with it and is latching on better . Bless her playing with her tongue !! Big hugs Hun xxx

Hey Jaycee!! Ahhh N was Tongue tied. The maxfactor dr cut the day she was born!!! I cried more than she did. Still didn't help with her latching on :(

It must be hereditary as my partner and his family have it. General rule is if you can roll your tongue, your Tongue tied that's what maxfactor dr said!

Good luck for tomorrow Hun she'll be fine!!! Sending lots of love to you and L xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back