Tommee Tippee Teats....

munchkin1982

Reaction score
I bought the massive steriliser set for Layla so it came with the relevant size 1,2 +3 teets etc, however, at just over 3 months, I tried Layla on the 2 teet as it says from 3+ months... well, it was no good as she was taking in too much too quickly and either being sick or she would just cause herself to "choke" by taking too much in at one time. I was advised to go back to the 1 teet which I did. She is still on the 1 teet though and the last couple of days, she has shown the odd sign of taking too much in too quickly and "choking" - this could be pure coincidence mind.

Am I being bad keeping her on the 1 teet? Should I be on the 2 teet? What do you guys think? Do or have you experienced the same? What should I do?

Last edited:
tbh i reckon u shud try her on the no. 2 and every few sucks pull it oput so she swallows and breathes, it may take her a wee while to get used to it. the reason for stages on teats is so to encourage their sucking reflex etc xxx

We ended up going from number 1 teats to the variflo :)

We ended up going straight to Variflow, i mostly breastfed until 4 months and Tegan just couldn't get the hang of teats as she was used to controlling the flow, after a couple of days she was fine with the Variflow x

sounds like the variflow ones might be better for her then? thanks girls! will have to pick some up tomorrow I think... xx

Are the variflows better to combine with bf then? Ella was getting bored on tt1 so we swapped to tt2 and she was fine for a while but in the last few days she's being really fussy with the bottle and obviously prefers bf!

Are the variflows better to combine with bf then? Ella was getting bored on tt1 so we swapped to tt2 and she was fine for a while but in the last few days she's being really fussy with the bottle and obviously prefers bf!

I found them much better as Tegan could controll what she was getting as she was always a fast feeder and i think the other teats were all to slow for her xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kayx94
Back