Tommee Tippee CTN teats - when to change teat siza?

Redshoes

Reaction score
Anyone using these bottle/teats, when did you change your LO's to size 2 teats? Isaac is a very fiesty feeder and drinks so fast I'm happy to keep him on size 1 teats for now, worried he may drown himself on a faster flow teat :shock:

Any advice, experience, greatly appreciated :hug:

I think Evie was about 3 months when I moved her on to the size 2 teats. She doesn't have a bottle very often but I noticed she was really fussing and pulling off crying like she wasn't getting the milk quickly enough so I moved her on to the size 2 which really helped.

I moved Libby over to size 2 on Wedhesday this week, so just over 3 months.
When Isaac starts losing interest in maintaining a feed & moving off the bottle, not taking as much milk per feed and therefore feeding more often, also waking through the night again if he's been sleeping through, thats when to try him on next teat size...thats what happened with Lib, and then first feed on medium flow teat she wolfed 7oz and then zonked out for an hour :sleep:

We changed teats to medium flow when Ruby was a week old-she was falling asleep on her bottle as she wasnt getting milk quick enough from size 1-spoke to midwife on her visits and she said to swap...we never looked back. She has been on them ever sine, thinking of trying fast flow soon. Try one bottle with a size 2 and see how he goes...good luckxx

Thankyou for the replies, I think one day I will just try him on a size 2 and see, I suppose that's the best way really, thanks for your experience and advice :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back