toddling questions!

trixipaws

Reaction score
melissa is almost confident enough to start walking completely unaided. she is down to just holding ONE finger now (she doesnt need 2 stabilizers lol) she's gonna get fitted for walker shoes on saturday. is there much difference to a learner walking with and without shoes? should we leave it until she is a fully-fledged walker or introduce the shoes in these early days?

also, just out of interest, and presuming that all babies move from walking holding adults hands on both sides, then drop to just one before doing it unaided- does the first hand they drop correlate to their dominant hand (for writing etc) millie will only hold my right hand with her left when walking so her right hand is free. wondered if that means she prefers it :think:

when i got alice fitted for her first pair she had a pair of crusing shoes from clarks. im not sure what the difference is but they recomended hem as she wasn't 100% confident on her feet at that stage. she could walk, but would prefer the route with most support (if you know what i mean).

not an active member orgy uking it innit

Last edited:
Isaac never wore shoes until after he'd been walking unaided a good month, I just felt he didn't need them until he was confident doing it in bare feet/with socks on, I didn't want shoes to hinder anything, not that I'm saying they do, just felt better leaving it a while before buying him shoes :) I don't know about the dominant hand question, its possible though.

oh yes she's been cruising since she was 9 months old! walking for ages too, but only holding onto one finger with each hand with me behind her- she has only recently dropped one hand so now i can walk with her side by side and holding her hand (now i can stand up straight- hurrah!) she has had shoes those bendy-soled ones idk if they are cruising ones- but i dont put them on her in the house they seem to inhibit her balance and steps etc

JW i havent made the lasagne yet :oops: its on my to-do list still! gosh how embarrassing lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back