Toddler Napping

Wobbles

Reaction score
My Caitlins still have about a 2 hour nap at home, at nursery they had 1 to 1.5 hours nap but she has now moved into the preschool room and they have 'quiet time' so if they fall asleep they do, if they don't they don't. Quiet time is cushions and beanbags on the floor, curtains closed and a DVD on of some sort.

I'm thinking of starting to do this at home.

What age did your toddler stop napping? If they nap, how long for and is it in their bedroom?

AJ's younger than Caitlin, he's 19 months.
He's been having 2 hr naps at home + maybe another hr later on (he was ill last week and has started sleeping more?) At the childminders he has 1- 2 hrs.
At home he's in his cot and out and about/childminders he's in his pushchair for naps.

My nephew 28 months very rarely naps.

Jacob is very almost 17 months. If I'm out in public he will not nap and if he naps its a few hours before bedtime for an hour to 90 minutes and it is very nearly always in his bedroom but on the rare occasion he crashes in his playpen or in my bed (wherever he wants to basically) sounds like a good idea though, I reckon you should try it x

Katie's almost 20 months and tends to have 1 nap a day between an hour and 2 hours long! If I've got something on in the afternoon I put her down in the morning and if she sleeps she sleeps, if not I'm not bothered! She's been sleeping more in the hot weather tho and ellas been waking her up really early too so ages sleeping a bit more in the day too!

Naps stopped here at around 18 months although after lunch is generally a wind-down period where they do veg out and want a film on and sometimes I do close the curtains :) Usually I just do it in the lounge though x

Dec stopped napping at about 18 months, he never has quiet time, he is to bloody hyper :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back