Today's scan went well :) *Updated* First Post

andreaaa

Reaction score
It was just to check the fluid and the placenta... fluid is about the same as Friday and the placenta is functioning at 100% so that's great news :cheer:

Also the doctor I saw today said not to worry about the growth just yet, that is more important after 28 weeks.

Have to see my Consultant on Wednesday so I will know more then.

Thanks :hug: to all you girls for keeping my spirits up and thinking of us :hug:

ETA... JP couldn't come with me today because of having too much time off work so my Mum came and saw her little grandaughter for the first time :cheer: she loved it :)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*Update*

Thought I would add that we saw my Consultant today. We have to have weekly scans up untill she is born to check growth/fluid/placenta and blood tests/swabs every week to check for infection.

She seemed quite positive (we had been told to expect the opposite by another midwife :roll: ) and said that we were doing really really well to have got this far as 90% of premature membrane rupture cases go into labour within 2 weeks.

She did say that we wouldn't go to full term, but that every day she is still inside she is getting stronger. I told the Consultant that she wouldn't be coming before 36 weeks :shakehead:

She also said that there is a margin for error on scan measurements this early on, so not to worry about Elliebumps size but that she will keep an eye on it. She also said that it is likely that I will have a normal birth as the placenta will no doubt have moved.

Thanks for all your lovely words :hug:

:cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

Yay I'm so pleased it went went well for you.

Kepp on taking good care of ourself hun!! :hug: :hug:

PS My mum would be so jealous of yours as she has been dying to come for a scan!

LMP x

aww great news andrea!!! :hug:

that's such a relief about the fluids :hug:

xxxx

Great news hun.
your mum most feel really proud.

Awww thats good news :hug: :hug: :hug:

Sounds like things are improving and lovely your Mum got to see her grandaughter :)

Awwwww-I'm so pleased for you chick! I bet you're dead chuffed!! :cheer: :cheer:

ah hun that is brilliant news :D :D
YIPPPPE :cheer: :cheer: i am so made up for you hhh your little one is a right fighter :hug:
And happy 25th week for tommorow :dance: :dance:

:hug: :hug: :hug:

You're all so lovely :) it feels great to be able to post something positive for a change :)

She has been doing lots of big kicks for her daddy tonight, we feel like she's definately getting stronger :cheer:

Fantastic news! Really pleased your mum got to experience it, must be amazing, 3 generations of women in one room!! xx

So glad to hear things are looking good for Elliebump, hope she stays snuggled in there for a while yet :) you must be so relieved to hear the consultant be positive too

Glad everything went well hun :hug:

You are doing really well, I'm sure Elliebump will stay put for quite some time.

My mum's friend had a baby at 26 week's and the only thing wrong with her was that she's partly blind in one eye, she's in her late 20's now :) I know youre not going to have her anytime soon but I thought I would just share that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back