To wean or not to wean

I saw my health visitor yesterday and she advised me to start weaning Charlie as his routine has changed, he now has started waking though the night where as he had been sleeping thought the night since 14weeks, going less between feeds, and still acting hungry after having a full bottle but refusing more milk.

So im just going to start very slowly to see if i see any improvement in his sleep, which i did after last night he slept all night again after having some banana :yay:

Just do what you feel comfortable with.. :) xx

that video is fab! well done u for catching his first spoonful on vid! hes gorg! xxx

Thx Jules. I haven't tried him anything since (despite serious pressure from my Mum!).

For amusement here is a pic of LO today, i thought he was going to reach out and grab the noodles!

noodlesm.jpg

Adorable! My lo tried to reach and grab my food yesterday, i am holding off with weaning too although he is a big boy(91st centile for both height and weight)

sent from my Galaxy s2

So is Tom - he was 16 and a half lbs at 3months, i'm not sure what he is now, but I wouldnt be surprised if it was 19lbs! How much does your LO weigh?

Its hard not to give them food. He has a special laugh/cry type thing when he's hungry, it was always reserved for milk, now he's started to do it when im eating.

I'm going to see how I feel at 5 months, which isn't really that far away.

Adorable! My lo tried to reach and grab my food yesterday, i am holding off with weaning too although he is a big boy(91st centile for both height and weight)

sent from my Galaxy s2

Sebastian was but we held out too xxx

So is Tom - he was 16 and a half lbs at 3months, i'm not sure what he is now, but I wouldnt be surprised if it was 19lbs! How much does your LO weigh?

Its hard not to give them food. He has a special laugh/cry type thing when he's hungry, it was always reserved for milk, now he's started to do it when im eating.

I'm going to see how I feel at 5 months, which isn't really that far away.
Looks like he is an early boy. Anton was just over 8 kg at 4 months which is 17.6 lbs, sorry, i think in metric

I posted a thread re switching to a seat as well, is Tom in carrycot still?

I didnt use a carrycot, the stroller I have http://www.johnlewis.com/231347991/Product.aspx?source=63258 lays flat but you raise it as they get older. He's been pretty much sitting up for a month now and loves watching everything that's going on. He's also outgrown his crib so have had to get a cot, which he will be moving into when I get round to putting it together!

Does Anton shout and make squealing noises yet...Tom has been "chattering" lots over the past couple of weeks.

I didnt use a carrycot, the stroller I have http://www.johnlewis.com/231347991/Product.aspx?source=63258 lays flat but you raise it as they get older. He's been pretty much sitting up for a month now and loves watching everything that's going on. He's also outgrown his crib so have had to get a cot, which he will be moving into when I get round to putting it together!

Does Anton shout and make squealing noises yet...Tom has been "chattering" lots over the past couple of weeks.
Its amazing how much more aware of the world around they are. I will try a seat tomorrow and see howit goes
I am not kiding, Anton has proper conversations with me now, different tones, sounds etc.Its so funny. He does squeal,giggle and just leanrnt to blow a raspberry.
I sat him up next to a baby who is a bit yonger and he was talking to the baby and grabbing his hand. We were nearly weeing ourselfs with laughing.

I will video it next time.

ah that's good to know, he's started chatting all day long and my sis asked if he was OK!

How sweet that he recognised a fellow baby :) I wonder if he asked how the milk was?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back