To Wait or Not to Wait - that is the question?

Thanks for updating us. I'm sure that it has been a hard time for you, and that you will still have bad days but time will help. Thank you for sharing your experience, I think it can really help others who are going through similar things. Hope to see you back again with a BFP as soon as you are ready for it. Hugs.

Hey, Thanks for commenting on my thread and I'm glad that you're recovering well from the D&C. Guess we're both in the waiting game now for AF and trying again. My OH isn't home until the 27th so I've no choice but to wait but will be trying straight after AF. Feel more prepared and positive for it happening this time as it took us a bit by surprise first time round. Here's hoping we get our BFPs before the end of the year!!xx

Hi Everyone!

Just wanted to see how everyone is doing. Thank you so much for keeping up the thread here. I hope my/our experiences go to help others ladies that have to go through this too!

I havent been online for quite a while now as I had my mum here last week (told her that she WILL BE a granny in the not tooooo distant future) but the shock that I had lost 2 sat pretty deep with her. Then after 3 weeks of naturally trying my doc said I should have a d&c which I had yesterday. That was certainly the best thing I could have done, I was totally exhausted after losing so much blood over 3 weeks and I was beginning to get ill. I dont regret waiting one bit and it felt right to give my body the chance to do it naturally but today, although I feel a "healthy" very tired I feel much better and can start to move on. Also the hospital were fantastic and have been testing me for things and giving me so much advice on what I should do for the next time! I read so much about the OP on here and thanks to the ladies on here I was not in the least bit worried about it - more the anasthetic than anything but the drugs you get after that helped alot! Now I am home and can start to move forward with ttc after my first AF (looking forward to that I can tell you!)

Sorry it got alittle long! Wish everyone here some peace!! XXXXX

Hey!

I'm also waiting for my first AF since MC. And like you, I can't wait to get down to business! ;)

Good luck hun :)

Ladies I am so touched by each and every on of your experiences. I had a natural miscarriage over the weekend and had this confirmed on Monday. The doctor said that I did not need a D&C. The midwife also said that as I had a miscarriage in May they would not start to investigate why unless I had a third miscarriage. She advised taking aspirin on a daily basis and to keep taking the folic acid. She also said that as soon as I stop bleeding we can start ttc again, no need to wait for next AF if we did not want to. Not sure how I feel about this but OH has said that he does not know how he feels and he wants to make sure that I am back to full fitness before we start trying. He has suggested that we have some us time and if it happens it happens. So we are going on our first date all over again at the weekend. He is gonna text me a time and a place and all I have to do is turn up

Fingers crossed we are all in first trimester again very soon, lots of baby dust xxx

I am just waiting for AF this month too. I had BFP 22nd August then AF arrived on 25th (wedding anniversary). The A&E staff were absolutely useless! I didn't know if I just had to leave it or get checked out, I'm not a doctor! I found them so rude! Anyway I'm feeling positive but have become addicted to pregnancy forums! I have found this thread really useful and I hope we all get BFP's real soon. Just under 2 weeks to go until I can test. I am not waiting lol

Big hugs to all xx

Hi 5Element :wave:
I'm glad your D&C went ok yesterday and you can hopefully move on. It sounds like you've had a tough few weeks. I had a D&C 2 weeks after they told me my baby had died. For me it was the best decision as my body wasn't letting go on its own and I needed closure. I agree, reading other people's experiences really helped me through my surgery (I was terrified!), and the love & support I got from everyone before and after was amazing. So a big thank you ladies from me too :)

I was advised to wait 2 weeks before having sex as there is a risk of infection, and was told we could start TTC after that. They like you to wait till after your 1st AF but thats only so they can date you if you do get pregnant again straight away. I couldn't wait to start trying again as I felt so empty, but I know it's a very personal thing and everyone feels different after a mc.

To all the other ladies who have posted here who have suffered a loss too, my heart goes out to you all. I hope you can find closure and in time move on physically and emotionally. Looking forward to seeing you all in Tri 1 when we get our long awaited BFPs.

Loe and hugs to everyone xxxxx

Well decision time for me. Af arrived bang on 4 wks after erpc (spooky) which was Thursday, it was really really heavy too. I'm guessing just a couple of days left then I'll need to make a decision on what to do!

We haven't dtd for months... We only did it once when I was pregnant - so that's once since early June! Don't know whether to ttc, ntnp or use protection. OH said he doesn't mind what we do (so long as he gets some :) ) but I think he'd like to ttc straight away... Decisions decisions...

Well decision time for me. Af arrived bang on 4 wks after erpc (spooky) which was Thursday, it was really really heavy too. I'm guessing just a couple of days left then I'll need to make a decision on what to do!

We haven't dtd for months... We only did it once when I was pregnant - so that's once since early June! Don't know whether to ttc, ntnp or use protection. OH said he doesn't mind what we do (so long as he gets some :) ) but I think he'd like to ttc straight away... Decisions decisions...

Hi Becky!

I can only say listen to your heart. I am 1 week away from a d&c and am SOOOOOO ready to ttc but I know in my heart that I should wait and let myself both physically and emotionally recover. I am taking one step after another. When AF arrives the first time round, only then will I see where I am and how I feel!

GOOD LUCK with what ever you decide but be true to yourself! XXXXXXXXXX

I think it's a very personal decision but I know that I'll be ttc as soon as I can. It'll be 2 weeks on Friday since my D&C so I'm just patiently waiting on AF coming back. I went back to work on Sunday and as of yesterday I feel like a huge cloud has been lifted and the old me is back :) At first I felt desperate to get pregnant again as it felt like the only thing to stop the pain but now I'm just excited at the prospect of trying again x

Thanks guys. AF arriving seems to have really helped me, feel like now my body hopefully back to normal and I can start to move on. Think we're going for the ntnp as we're going away on hols and af should be due again the day we fly home so don't want to wish my holiday away during my 2ww. I'll save my opk's for another month :)

It definitely gets easier with time, this last week is the first week when I've had more good days than bad.

xxx

Hi hun.

i had a miscarriage in april, and really had aching arms and wanted another baby so bad.
We waited until i had one full period cycle ( which is what the midwife said they would recommend if you ttc after a mc) and then ttc during the next ovulation window.

its all down to the person really hun, how your feeling and if you feel you are emotionally ready to try again!

all the best xxx

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zain mansoor
Back