To those going on meet 7th august updated 29th july

Baileysmummy

Reaction score
I went to get my train tickets today, after seeing how much they were last week on the phone i was happy to pay for them today.. but when i got there to pay for them they wanted £88.70, i was qouted £58.90 without the family railcard, so i thought it would be alot cheaper as my mum has lent us her family card bless her.. i couldnt get a earlier train for the cheaper tickets, and the earliest i could get into birmingham for £68 was 2pm, and then get the 4.20pm train home, Im not being funny but £68 is a little too much to spend 2 hours out there, if you know what i mean, so im really sorry girls but i dont think we can go, my mum is looking at our money issues and shes going to see what she can do, but as it stands today we cant go.. :cry:

Aw no are you sure there is no cheaper way?

Im not sure, we thought about getting ahire car, as our car wont make it, but that would cost £40 quid for the 2 days, then theres the fuel.. im going to see if theres a coach out there and see how much that would be.. i really do want to go and im so mad at the train company...

Anyone know national coach details :think:

National Express is http://www.nationalexpress.com/ I have no idea on prices, stops, destinations etc, it's the only coach/bus type company I can think of that does journeys other than locally up the town type thing.

Sometimes you can actually get cheaper train tickets 2 weeks in advance when the supersavers go on sale, again 7 days in advance the savers go on sale - it's usually what I do, the prices are sooo expensive when booked ages in advance.

grimsby urchin, have found a coach journey but im not sure were abouts in birmingham or how far away we will get from the meet, if i post a map, would you be able to look at it for me urchin please....

ok i wanna book it, its only £48 for 4 of us, and we will arrive in birmingham at 12.05 so by the time i figure out where you all are we would possibly get to you at 1...

Is there an earlier one?

An hour sooner would be better but it won't matter that much if you are late, you'll need a 10-15 minute bus ride after that.

No thats the earliest train, ive just spoken to my friend who lives in brum and she will ring me a taxi to meet us and take us to the meeting point.. meaning if the bus is on time and no delays we should get to you around 12.20 ish... im just trying to contact my mum now to tell her so we dont miss out!

:cheer: i have just booked it,

look heres my booking details. :cheer:

Lead passenger name: mr m braithwaite

Passenger count: 2 adults

Total seat(s): 2

Outward journey

Departs: Grimsby, Freshney Place bus station, Lincolnshire
on service NX339 at 07:35 on 7 August 2007 omg this means i have to be up at 6am :shock:

Arrives: BIRMINGHAM, Digbeth coach station, West Midlands at 12:05 on 07 Aug 2007
from here we will be getting a taxi that will be prebooked and waiting for us :cheer:
Return journey

Departs: BIRMINGHAM, Digbeth coach station, West Midlands
on service NX339 at 16:15 on 7 August 2007 means i have to leave you guys at around 3.45pm :(

Arrives: Grimsby, Freshney Place bus station, Lincolnshire at 20:40 on 07 Aug 2007 and i'll be safely home again at 21.00pm :dance:

Payment details
Amount to be billed: £41.50 (inclusive of 50p m-Ticket fee)

to be billed to: M a Braithwaite

COOL! with a taxi you'll be there in no time.

:D:D:D

We are now staying over, at the kensington hotel which is across the road from where we are meeting...

its all booked and we pay on the day, and now i just have to pay for my coach to be changed over to the 8th... i will be leaving birmingham 16.15pm..
is anyone else staying and are you all meeting again on the wednesday!

Charlotte & Emily said:
:cheer:

wow my train tickets only cost me £18 for both ways

You going charlotte? I thought you weren't! Where did I get that from :think: Make sure you wear you beret :wink:

Yay! To those who are going- see you all there :cheer:

goodluck all :)

*sprinkling sunshine dust*

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mara14