your kids xmas concert?

lisa&alex

Reaction score
last year the tickets were free

this year.. you can only have 3 per family.. and get this they are £3 each??!!!

not only do we have to pay for the tickets but also provide the costume! i want to know how much everyones paying for their concert tickets.. i think its absolutly bloody rediculous to try and make money out of a xmas concert for your own children.. we always give a donation towards teh school..

Mason's is free.
I wouldn't mind paying like 50p or something, but that's a bit steep!

t i thought or 3 for £3 ok.. thats £1 per ticket but not £3 each! i think i might write a letter into school if noone comes bk as being near this price.. shocking! thats £9 for my tickets! and i have to get her a jumper and tights!

£1.50 each at paris's school has been for at least 2 years.

£1 each - and like you, we have to fork out for a costume as well :roll:

Ours is free... but its always out in the playground (or Patio as they call it)... and there are never any seats... :roll: and in good old Spanish tradition there are lots of pushy parents pushing and shoving...

As for the costumes... usually they are made from tissue paper and coloured rubbish sacks (I say coloured rubbish sacks not because of racism.. but because they come in many different colours... like red, yellow, blue, green depending on what character the kids are playing .... :rotfl: :rotfl: Just encase anyone is confused... :rotfl: ) although not always...

We usually pay about 3€ for the costumes or get told where to buy the things ourselves, but I reckon they must get these rubbish sacks from somewhere special because the last few years, Tia has been given hers.. :think:

Brooke's is a £1 and you are only allowed 2 tickets per family untill everyone has them and then you can buy more.

When Brooke was in nursery we had to provide costumes, we dont now.

Although she did come home tonight with some material for grandma to make into a dress for her (she is Mary this year). Aparently the teachers where askin the kids if anyone in the family could sow.

They haven't given much notice tho her play is on the 12th and 13th but the dress has to be in by the end of next week :shock:

Free at our school, the sting you for donations and cake's before and cash after So all in all they get plenty without even charging. :wink:

That's far too much, I've worked in some schools in England where the parents pay for the costumes to be made- parents weren't happy about that either. I'd write a letter or have word with head teacher- xmas concert isn't an added xmas expense or shouldn't be! :x (as a teacher I wouldn't allow the head to charge the parents of my kids that amount maybe £1 if lack of funds meant no concert at all- but they shouldn't need anymore than that)

Kiyanna's is £1 A ticket and we are only allowed 2 have 2!
Likewise i have to get the costume aswel
xx

Reanna's are free but you are only allowed 2, but they hold the concert over 3 days so she will have to perform on one day knowing i am not in the crowd, she wont be very happy! :(

xxxxx

I teach in reception and i find it terrible that you are charged anything, never mind £3!. :shock: In my school, we make/buy the costumes ourselves and our plays are always free. I would honestly consider asking what the charge is for. It surely cant be to cover the cost of the production, especially as you are expected to help with costumes.x

A very very cheeky school there!!! Should be free.

im going to write a letter to the head teacher. i think its disgusting that they are charging £9 for my tickets to see my own childs concert in a church that will be free to the school.. there is no scenery only an arch which they have sent out a letter for a handy person with a jigsaw to help cut out.. so a big peice of mdf for that and some paints.. and obviously they are making the hats for the kids (charlottes class are flowers) but we have to provide them with a jumper, red,yellow or cream - plain, and matching tights.. have you ever tried to find colored tights with no patterns on,.. or a jumper for that fact.. i think i will jsut shove charl in her red school jumper and get some cheap leggins from somewhere..

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back