To put it bluntly....Orgasms.

x.Lilly.x

Reaction score
Right I had no idea where to get the answer to my question from other than here.
I feel so embarrassed asking this lol
But anyway here goes.
Just as I orgasm and for about 3-5 minutes afterwards my stomache will go rock hard and even if I put my hand on my tummy, even putting slight pressure on my tummy makes it hurt.
And the left side of my stomache seemed more hard and tender than the right side as well.
So is it ok to orgasm even though this happens nd why does this happen?
After a few minutes it went away and she was kicking etc but it just freaked me out a bit lol
:oops:

Last edited:
same happens to me, it's put OH off doing anything though (which is a shame for him as I can still get my kicks without him :lol:)

Ha don't worry thats the oxytocin that is released when you have an orgasm !
It causes your uterus to contract, which should feel the same as a brackston hicks too, mine are the same.

Thats why they say have orgasams near your due date to help kick off labour, as well as the sperm to give you the prostagladins to soften and eface the cervix for a double whammy effect!

So it's all good and won't send you into labour before your ready!

Trouble is I always find it a bit hard to carry on once I have orgasimed now! as I get stuck hard!

Last edited:
Oh phew, thank you! It doesnt hurt bubs either does it?
I feel a bit bad doing it now because i dont want her being uncomfortable in there while my tummys gone hard lol

Oh phew, thank you! It doesnt hurt bubs either does it?
I feel a bit bad doing it now because i dont want her being uncomfortable in there while my tummys gone hard lol

Sure baby will be fine in there, I get brackton hicks randomly all day long now and Devon is doing just fine, prob just makes him move about after it relaxes while there is space in there!

Apparently they are a good thing, helping uterus to tone and condition ready for labour!

Last edited:
yes its fine as long as doctor not advised you not too for medical reasons, you get your orgasms from your womb contracting, so because its bigger we feel it more, midwife said to me once have plenty of sex because it helps train your womb.

i cant answer this one cos fella isnt getting any lol

I think orgasms are healthy for the baby too as it sends hormones to them making them happy!! My bump used to really hurt after the big "O" when I was about 20 weeks but it does get better!!

Right I had no idea where to get the answer to my question from other than here.
I feel so embarrassed asking this lol
But anyway here goes.
Just as I orgasm and for about 3-5 minutes afterwards my stomache will go rock hard and even if I put my hand on my tummy, even putting slight pressure on my tummy makes it hurt.
And the left side of my stomache seemed more hard and tender than the right side as well.
So is it ok to orgasm even though this happens nd why does this happen?
After a few minutes it went away and she was kicking etc but it just freaked me out a bit lol
:oops:

loooooool i dont mean to laugh. i find it funny cos the first time it happened to me i pushed hubby off me, burst into tears and jumped in a cab to A & E as i thought i was goin into labour lol.:shock:
the nurses in the EPU actually laughed at me n explained what it was lol

its perfectly normal. now that i can feel baby kicking it feels weird.
so as soon as happy hour is over i waddle around the room for 5 mins or so.....stops baby kicking 10 bells out of me lol

I get that aswell, scared me the first time but just realised that its just the muscles tightened and could maybe be a muscle twisted when it's tender to press your hand on your tummy while it's protruding. It happens to me when i'm lying on my side to go to sleep and then lye on my back, the baby protrudes right out at the front of my stomach lol

i havent had any tummy tightenings yet after the big O but i am suuuuper sensitive down there for ages afterwards and its not very comfortable!! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back