TMI question re discharge...

Jen & Her Men

Reaction score
Bit of an urgh question ladies..sorry! :oops:

Since I had LO nearly 6 weeks ago I have noticed that i have a lot more discharge than before. Its almost like im still losing my plug or sommat cos its really thick although not as jelly like as the plug!! (Sorry I did warn TMI!!!)
I was worried that it was an infection but it doesnt smell or anything and I feel ok in myself otherwise.
I was wondering if it was normal after a C section cos it would take longer for everything to come out as I didnt push it out??! Or is that ridiculous??! :doh: :doh:
Anyone else had this or am I the only one turning into a slug??! :rotfl: :rotfl:

oooh I'm glad you posted this question cos I've got the same thing. Mine is jelly like...no smell or anything and I see it when I wipe. I haven't had a period yet either and it's been 8 weeks since Evie was born.

I remember having a lot of discharge after keira was born, for weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeks after!!!!! as long as it doent smell bad and doesnt change to a yellow green colour or make you itchy. :) hope this helps.

I'm not sure what its called, I think its Lochia. But its defiantely normal hun, I had exactly the same when Harrison was born, It lasted for quite a lil while.
I found this for you hun
In the field of obstetrics, lochia is post-partum vaginal discharge, containing blood, mucus, and placental tissue. Lochia discharge typically continues for 4 to 6 weeks after childbirth and progresses through three stages.

Lochia rubra is the first discharge, red in color because of the large amount of blood it contains. It typically lasts no longer than 3 to 5 days after birth.

Lochia serosa is the term for lochia which has thinned and turned brownish or pink in color. It contains serous exudate, erythrocytes, leukocytes, and cervical mucus. This stage continues until around the tenth day after delivery.

Lochia alba is the name for lochia once it has turned whitish or yellowish-white. It typically lasts from the second through the third to sixth week after delivery. It contains fewer red blood cells and is mainly made up of leukocytes, epithelial cells, cholesterol, fat, and mucus.

Lochia generally has an odor similar to that of normal menstrual fluid. Any offensive odor indicates a possible infection and should be reported to a healthcare provider.
Taken from Wikipedia

Princess_Puddles said:
I'm not sure what its called, I think its Lochia. But its defiantely normal hun, I had exactly the same when Harrison was born, It lasted for quite a lil while.
I found this for you hun
In the field of obstetrics, lochia is post-partum vaginal discharge, containing blood, mucus, and placental tissue. Lochia discharge typically continues for 4 to 6 weeks after childbirth and progresses through three stages.

Lochia rubra is the first discharge, red in color because of the large amount of blood it contains. It typically lasts no longer than 3 to 5 days after birth.

Lochia serosa is the term for lochia which has thinned and turned brownish or pink in color. It contains serous exudate, erythrocytes, leukocytes, and cervical mucus. This stage continues until around the tenth day after delivery.

Lochia alba is the name for lochia once it has turned whitish or yellowish-white. It typically lasts from the second through the third to sixth week after delivery. It contains fewer red blood cells and is mainly made up of leukocytes, epithelial cells, cholesterol, fat, and mucus.

Lochia generally has an odor similar to that of normal menstrual fluid. Any offensive odor indicates a possible infection and should be reported to a healthcare provider.
Taken from Wikipedia

Why thank you Dr Princess Puddles! Not only have you put my mind at rest but now I know what my "lochia not excessive" means in my hospital notes!!

J-Do1979 said:
[quote="Princess_Puddles":36tvt2vo]I'm not sure what its called, I think its Lochia. But its defiantely normal hun, I had exactly the same when Harrison was born, It lasted for quite a lil while.
I found this for you hun

Taken from Wikipedia

Why thank you Dr Princess Puddles! Not only have you put my mind at rest but now I know what my "lochia not excessive" means in my hospital notes!![/quote:36tvt2vo]

Lol :lol: you're welcome :)

Babylicious said:
6 weeks :cry: :cry: I want mine to stop want some nookie :rotfl:

I was thinking the same!!!

2 1/2 weeks and some days its lighter and I think that its stopping and then its back again!!!

Cant believe its gonna be 6 weeks or more!!!

i came on this morning to ask the very same question.

i have loads too i was going to ask at my 6 week check next week.

i'm glad i'm not on my own :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back