TMI - Piles!

C0606

Reaction score
Anyone else losing their mind with piles yet? What are your ways of getting rid? Sorry for the horrible subject! :)

Not happened to me but early days! I've heard it's common for pregnant ladies. Get some hemoroid (cant spell that!) cream, not sure if it just manages or gets rid though xxx

Seriously, get rid before you gave birth? I was really lax at treating mine. I really only did it when they itched and I could barely feel them. They were not very big

Well after giving birth I was in agony down below. I had 2 stitche so assumed it was that. But oh no!! Was only the next day when I was washing and was brave enough to have a little feel down there did I realise I had a MASSIVE pile on the outside of my bum. It was pushing my bum cheeks apart and pressing on my stitches. I got told it popped out whilst I was pushing.

When I got home I sat on a roasting hot water bottle. That shrunk it down to a more manageable size. My midwife gave me cream to use and I bought some pessaries. She still appears out of the blue at times but goes away after a day or so

I named her Polly! X

Seriously, get rid before you gave birth? I was really lax at treating mine. I really only did it when they itched and I could barely feel them. They were not very big

Well after giving birth I was in agony down below. I had 2 stitche so assumed it was that. But oh no!! Was only the next day when I was washing and was brave enough to have a little feel down there did I realise I had a MASSIVE pile on the outside of my bum. It was pushing my bum cheeks apart and pressing on my stitches. I got told it popped out whilst I was pushing.

When I got home I sat on a roasting hot water bottle. That shrunk it down to a more manageable size. My midwife gave me cream to use and I bought some pessaries. She still appears out of the blue at times but goes away after a day or so

I named her Polly! X

Polly....................:rotfl:

Lynds, i love that you named her!!! Xxx

Oh good god, that's enough of a horror story to scare me into immediate action. Thank you!

Germaloid suppositories (you can pick them off the shelf in the supermarket, in a blue packet), and lactulose to keep things soft and unconstipated :whistle:

Anusol, if that doesn't work then the doctor can prescribe something stronger. Also take Fybogel or Lactulose to help soften things. Ice cubes if it's really bad!

Def get it under control before labour as Lynds says! I ended up with what felt like a cabbage after lol! Couldn't sit or lie down for a few days after the birth but I did have a lengthy stage 2 so pushing for over 2 hours. Went down by the end of the week though

I have rod, Jayne and Freddie! In fact after birth I had zippy, George and bungle too! I still have them and I know it's only going to get worse!!!! I will be treating them well before and getting the strong stuff ready for immediately after! I was like a baboon, x

Ok, well I was under treatement for these evil bleepers before I fell pregnant and was due to go have an operation on them however now that I have fallen pregnant AGAIN, it looks as tho this is not going to be an option and i'm really not looking forward to this ordeal getting worse as it is bad enough as it is. Anyway I'll give you ladies a few things that I use to cope when things are pretty bad... the best hemaroid cream I have found is germaloids triple action, you can really feel this one working looool, also good old witch hazel on a bit of gauze or tissue between the bum cheecks does wonders, sticking an ice cube in an old sock and popping it between the cheeks is also good as sooner or later it numbs the bottom and shrinks the piles. Internernal hemmaroids you will have to use the lotions but interneral ones don't usually cause the pain it's the external prolapse piles that cause hell. Other things to do are sitz baths espiecially after using the toilet for BM and if this is not an option then remember to apply the creams after a BM. Always carry you're creams with you as you never know when the bleeps will cause you discomfort and pain.

The piles were worse than the episiotomy for pain. Unbelievable pain x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back