Oh Dear! Piles...

dannii87

Reaction score
Hi girls,

Oh dear, found out yesterday I have piles - already!!

I can laugh about it (now) but it's been agony to poo! I have really struggled for the past week to poo...

...Doctor said I have piles and fissures (split bum!) can this get any worse?! lol He has prescribed me a cream that has anaesthetic and a gentle laxative... but it's made my trapped wind UNtrapped - which isn't impressing the family lol

I'm just wondering if anyone else had this problem? Please say I'm not alone! xx

My best friend had them with all 3 of her pregnancy's, they did get worse as she went on, but soon after birth they did 'deflate' and go away :hug: Just try to eat well to keep your bowel movements regular and soft, Linseed will help with that, and drink lots of water, and very best wishes :hug: :hug: :hug:

http://www.babycentre.co.uk/pregnancy/a ... lth/piles/

you poor thing!!!

Try using witchazel from boots on them, its really helped with the thrush irritation.

I didn't get them in first tri, but was very constipated, which is very normal then. Just that as your body changes inside everything squishes up down there and that leaves much less room for your bowels to do what they normally do. Once your first tri is over, often the pressure on everything decreases (placenta doing the work then) and it does improve.

I'd get some lactulose or some such, and also increase your fibre and avoid eating foods which are known to slow down the digestive system. Plenty of walking, drink water and when you go to the loo, don't force anything to happen. Also your posture when sitting on the loo can make a difference. If you raise your knees off the ground about 5 inches, on a box or some such it can help encourage things to happen.

Oh no! u poor love :hug: :hug: :hug:

Try to increase your fibre and if u can get some fibregel from the chemist.

I have had piles b4 and it is AWFUL so i feel ur pain, its also common is preggo time because evrything is pushng down, I don't know if u do but tmi to come...) wipe and have blood don't be alarmed cause sometimes it bleeds youch!!!

xx

Thanks girls! I hope this is similar to labour... at least I could say I've been through a similar experience so I'm prepared lol fat chance.

I will definitely take your advice.

I have bled a little steelgoddess, obviously I panicked and thought the worst , fortunately the bleeding was just from the piles being too inflamed!!

Let's hope they go away soon and let me enjoy the pregnancy! xx

dannii87 said:
Thanks girls! I hope this is similar to labour... at least I could say I've been through a similar experience so I'm prepared lol fat chance.

I will definitely take your advice.

I have bled a little steelgoddess, obviously I panicked and thought the worst , fortunately the bleeding was just from the piles being too inflamed!!

Let's hope they go away soon and let me enjoy the pregnancy! xx

yeah its quite normal, it also won't affect the bub in anyway make sure u relax, don't strain. If u need a pooh take a book with you and maybe a short stool to put ur feet on if ur a shortie like me cause that helps. Avoid heavy lifting too but im sure u are anyway :)

:hug:

oh so sorry, hope you feel better soon, joys of pregnancy!! :rotfl:

OH NOOOOO YOUR NOT ALONE...... lol
I also have piles to, after going to the loo earlier and finding it really really painful and bleeding.
I have to go to the docs tomorrow and see if i can get some cream to help ease the pain when i go to the loo.

Lets hope we both get rid of them soon.

MissSara said:
OH NOOOOO YOUR NOT ALONE...... lol
I also have piles to, after going to the loo earlier and finding it really really painful and bleeding.
I have to go to the docs tomorrow and see if i can get some cream to help ease the pain when i go to the loo.

Lets hope we both get rid of them soon.

Oh no! It's horrible! Good news update though - went for a poo today and it felt much better, still sore but it literally just plopped out without having to endure the pain for 20 minutes like I have been! (tmi lol)

I sure hope this is the only lot of piles we get!! xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back